*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Also remember nobody actually wants to go to work so you're helping them out if you are slowing them down :D

Which always bemuses me on the early morning commute when you see the usual suspects racing to work in their cars, jumping queues and driving like planks. Do they actually want to get to work faster? Puzzling :D:cry::p

Caporegime
Don't think like that mate. Fold your mirrors in when filtering and do your thing. Riders behind you can sort themselves out.

Yeah good point, I try not to inconvenience others too much but it can't come at the cost of my own safety.

I did about 80 miles on it today, rode down to Redhill for some lunch with a friend (who had a little play and booked his CBT for Sunday on the spot), then back to London via a bit of a scenic route. Even had my first nod :p

Was lovely to just get out for a bit, even though it's only a 125 and automatic it's still immense fun to be back on two wheels. It's also still on its first tank of fuel, I always knew that 125s were frugal but bloody hell, the thing is permanently pinned :D

ua9he1a.jpeg

Already considering a bigger bike, not sure the wife will approve :p

Soldato
Did a buy on the weekend. Always wanted one and an opportunity came up so I had to!

Currently running in but what I have experienced so far is excellent. Hilarious fun for the roads down here. Incredibly playful and predictable.

Came home Saturday night and went out on the CB650R after to see how I felt about it after being on the 690 SMC R for the day and still loved that also…looks like I have 2 bikes now…

8tr5xOg.jpg

Soldato
Did a buy on the weekend. Always wanted one and an opportunity came up so I had to!

Currently running in but what I have experienced so far is excellent. Hilarious fun for the roads down here. Incredibly playful and predictable.

Came home Saturday night and went out on the CB650R after to see how I felt about it after being on the 690 SMC R for the day and still loved that also…looks like I have 2 bikes now…
Love it!

Sat on one a while back, and my short *** could actually touch the ground on both sides, not flat footed mind :D

Soldato
My Versys 1000 SE.

Bloody love this thing, about 500 miles under my belt now, had the seat re-upholstered as it felt like I was sat on top of the bike, and there was a weird hump in it which felt like it was pushing me into the tank.

Coming from an Sv650 it felt massive. I have just sold the SV, and I don't miss it. I thught that I would, though, seeing it drive off made me sad.

The quick shifter is fantastic, though I tend to use it mainly on downshifts I prefer to clutch shift up at the moment.
The spot lights make people actually look more - Which I like.

I can touch the floor on one foot fine if I shift my arse over, I can touch the floor both sides on the balls of my feet.
Looking orward to getting the missus on the back and see what she thinks - She's letting me get used to it first and being confident before she comes on back.

Associate
It was time to sell my little Yamaha YBR which I had for 3 years and try something more suited to intermediate so I opted for the Honda CB500x, had it for 6 months and so far it's been great, the height is unusual and part of the "adventure" style but when you're on the road you feel very visible. It gets up to 65mph no problem after that the vibrating starts but it's not the speed I wanted it was finally being able to overtake and durability for long road trips

500x.png

Soldato
Last weekend's rideout (before it lashed it down for the rest of the ride!):

Vs this weekend's lovely sun:

Need a new rear tyre now though, so might switch to a pair of S22s front and rear (currently has S20 on the front and S21 on the rear fitted by the previous keeper).

Soldato
It was time to sell my little Yamaha YBR which I had for 3 years and try something more suited to intermediate so I opted for the Honda CB500x, had it for 6 months and so far it's been great, the height is unusual and part of the "adventure" style but when you're on the road you feel very visible. It gets up to 65mph no problem after that the vibrating starts but it's not the speed I wanted it was finally being able to overtake and durability for long road trips

500x.png

I love what they've done with the update on these. Upside down Showa forks and dual disks. The new green colour way is awesome. Sorely tempted by one for a commuter! Have been waiting for my local dealer to get a demo in...

Caporegime
That's a great pic!

Cheers, I took quite a few which I think looked pretty decent. Sidenote - download Calimoto if you don't have it yet, it's a game changer.

I love your 1290 but I can't wait to see the RGV out and about to be honest!

Here are a couple more of mine:

4uuJ9H3.jpeg

Eqb9suF.jpeg

(and yes, I did go for a blast through the rough, the scooter held itself together rather well!)

Need to book my big-boy licence, hopefully ready for next summer :)

Soldato
Calimoto looks interesting, if nothing else other than it records acceleration, that should be fun :D
Do you need a phone holder or just leave it in your jacket?
I actually had a little post engine rebuild ride up and down the lane today on the RGV, then planned to refit the fairings, but sadly beer stopped play.
Without stating the bleeding obvious, getting a full license will be the best thing you ever did (hurry up and get it done :)).

Caporegime
Calimoto looks interesting, if nothing else other than it records acceleration, that should be fun :D
Do you need a phone holder or just leave it in your jacket?
I actually had a little post engine rebuild ride up and down the lane today on the RGV, then planned to refit the fairings, but sadly beer stopped play.
Without stating the bleeding obvious, getting a full license will be the best thing you ever did (hurry up and get it done :)).

I will, don't worry :D

We're committed to a mortgage atm so all our spare cash is going in to a savings account but once that's done I'll be doing my licence for sure!

As for Calimoto, I only navigated using the earpiece in my helmet, my phone was in my pocket. It's really well done, the tuning towards bikers is really noticeable, ie. it warns you a lot sooner of turns and whatnot, doesn't whinge about speed but still gives you a heads up when the plod are nearby. Honestly I can't recommend it enough, give it a shot :)

This is the vid that piqued my curiosity:

The free version will give you a good taster without committing to anything, I haven't paid anything yet had the best time I've had in years yesterday, I'll definitely be paying for the premium option.

Associate
I love what they've done with the update on these. Upside down Showa forks and dual disks. The new green colour way is awesome. Sorely tempted by one for a commuter! Have been waiting for my local dealer to get a demo in...

I recently picked up one of the updated ones as a second bike alongside my T120. Really impressed so far - it is far better than the headline numbers suggest....

Back
Top Bottom