*** Show us your Dogs ***

Permabanned
Dolly is a New Yorker and spends most of the day in Doggie Club which is pure heaven for her. Resents coming home!
Do you both find that Bulldogs are good with kids?

My sister has 2 daughters aged 5 and 7 and their bulldog is awesome with them, always playing, never bites or gets aggressive and the girls abuse her lol. She is so laid back. They say that bulldogs have some kind of 6th sense when it comes to children.

Soldato
My sister has 2 daughters aged 5 and 7 and their bulldog is awesome with them, always playing, never bites or gets aggressive and the girls abuse her lol. She is so laid back. They say that bulldogs have some kind of 6th sense when it comes to children.
That's really good to hear, thanks. Our daughter is expecting a baby next month and we were getting a little concerned.

Soldato
Do you both find that Bulldogs are good with kids?
So good, yes. I have 3 kids. Now 13, 10, and 3. Hangelik is 5 and has been with the kids her whole life. So used to our youngest before she was a baby. She was a bit different as she had a bit of a different start to life. The family she was with were not nice to her and used to treat her badly. We got her at 10 months and she was super scared of everything. She didn't get much chance though as she then had 2 kids to be around and another one soon to follow but she is so loving to those kids. If she had a choice she'd sleep at the end of our 3yr olds bed every day. She wants to be her mum the whole time. It's too cute. Hence the reason my wife wants to get her another puppy.

Soldato
So good, yes. I have 3 kids. Now 13, 10, and 3. Hangelik is 5 and has been with the kids her whole life. So used to our youngest before she was a baby. She was a bit different as she had a bit of a different start to life. The family she was with were not nice to her and used to treat her badly. We got her at 10 months and she was super scared of everything. She didn't get much chance though as she then had 2 kids to be around and another one soon to follow but she is so loving to those kids. If she had a choice she'd sleep at the end of our 3yr olds bed every day. She wants to be her mum the whole time. It's too cute. Hence the reason my wife wants to get her another puppy.
Very reassuring, thanks.

Permabanned

That's a lovely story!

Soldato
This brought tears to my eyes, sorry for your loss :(. I truly love dogs so much. I can't have anymore because I had to have 2 put down because of illness and the heartbreak is too much, I can't go through it again.

Same here l.. I've made the decision to wait a year and if I still want another dog rather than been on the rebound and getting another puppy. The wife and 2 sons want another but its me who looks after the dog feeding & vets bills etc and they spend most of there time with me so I put my man of the house pants on and said no

All this as now been helped by Facebook been covered in springer puppies ...doh

Soldato
After a long time my mothers lab got put down last Tuesday, he was getting on and had tumours and all sorts by the end. I shall miss him, he was special in every sense of the word :p

rz9bMdV.jpg.png

A month ago or so she picked up this handsome devil. He’s now 12/13 weeks old, he’s already massive and has some beefy paws on him. Meet Blue the black lab.

At 8 weeks
BVRQFeU.jpg

Weekend just gone

Ozj3SfL.jpg.png

And decided after over the last two years going from 5 dogs to 2 dogs that 2 wasn’t enough and got another one this weekend, a chocolate lab called Bella. She’s tiny and beautiful. Turned 8 weeks on Saturday when they collected her.

fdZB9ac.jpg.png

v5tm8Eg.jpg.png

I believe there is intention to breed to the two labs as well.

And just because he is the last one standing of the original 5, here’s Marlow the 7 year old staffy.

qWudskm.jpg.png

Soldato
Getting big quick. Pretty sure I blink and he grows tbh....

2u44oq9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom