*** Show us your Dogs ***

Soldato
Anyones dog obsessed with Bees? Mine threw up the other week and in his sick was two full bees, he's alwasy playing with them last week managed to eventually get stung! He's an idiot even though he could barely see he went and found another bee! Still hasn't learnt as i'm always taking them off him.
After being stung:
20190616-113143.jpg

Once the piriton had kicked in and he was back to normal :
20190529-224738.jpg

Soldato
I would like some advice from people that keep a male and female dog together. Are they constantly "at it" like I keep being told?

I have a 10 year old male Staff and want to get another dog, everyone tells me 2 males would fight, even though mine has never shown any aggressivness in 10 years. So I thought a female would be ok. I see people with multiple dogs all the time!

Soldato
I would like some advice from people that keep a male and female dog together. Are they constantly "at it" like I keep being told?

I have a 10 year old male Staff and want to get another dog, everyone tells me 2 males would fight, even though mine has never shown any aggressivness in 10 years. So I thought a female would be ok. I see people with multiple dogs all the time!
my mum has a really old staffy (female) and an 8 year old springer (male) and there's no humping going on it if thats what you're referring to by 'at it'. Springer was 'done' when he was younger maybe that helps.

Soldato
Yeah that's what I meant.

I feel at nearly 11 years old, it's not fair to put him through the ordeal of the op. It's ok when they are young, but not now.

I would get the female spade, if that helps?

Soldato
It would be a puppy that I get, so she would be spayed as soon as she's at the age where it's done.

Edit: Just looked it up and it's after 8 weeks.
What you can get her spade after 8 weeks? When I had a female pug many years ago they said it needed to at least have one period before we could do it

Permabanned

the only time you have to watch opposite dogs is when the female is in season .. simple fact after her first season get her done ..
just keep the male away from her for that time .. 10-20 days depending on the bitch ..
after that your golden .. my male keeps sniffing and even try's to mount but she just won't let him ..
she sits or rolls over .. and the odd time bites him

Permabanned
Adopted this guy just before Christmas. Bit of pain and sacrifice to get him but it seems worthwhile so far! (Bar chewing my shoe laces :mad:)
lol just the laces your fine ..
we have lost at least 4-5 pairs of shoes ..well had to buy my son a new pair of trainers .. but worth it ..
marrow bones for the win .. they will chew them over shoes .. most of the time

Soldato
the only time you have to watch opposite dogs is when the female is in season .. simple fact after her first season get her done ..
just keep the male away from her for that time .. 10-20 days depending on the bitch ..
after that your golden .. my male keeps sniffing and even try's to mount but she just won't let him ..
she sits or rolls over .. and the odd time bites him

Thanks, this is what I wanted to hear.

The one time he started sniffing around a bitch in the park, she bit his ear and he had to go vet the next day, as it wouldn't stop bleeding. He may have learnt his lesson.

Soldato
lol just the laces your fine ..
we have lost at least 4-5 pairs of shoes ..well had to buy my son a new pair of trainers .. but worth it ..
marrow bones for the win .. they will chew them over shoes .. most of the time
Mines so destructive when he wants to be, has loads of stuff he's allowed but always has something he shouldn't, a lot of the time its something of the kids. He chews bits of wood from when we were doing the decking, he checks the coping stones sometimes. He even made us invest in a new cage as he managed to mangle his last cage so now has a Kong cage which is pretty well built.

Permabanned
Mines so destructive when he wants to be, has loads of stuff he's allowed but always has something he shouldn't, a lot of the time its something of the kids. He chews bits of wood from when we were doing the decking, he checks the coping stones sometimes. He even made us invest in a new cage as he managed to mangle his last cage so now has a Kong cage which is pretty well built.
maybe he's playing up because he doesn't like going in a cage?

Soldato
Our boy Conker has grown quite a bit since my last post, he's now 14 months old. His DNA tests came back as 50% greyhound, 25% whippet, 12.5% scottish deerhound, 12.5% saluki. Here is is enjoying our local park and with his best buddy Willow (8 month Sproodle)
99lb1h.jpg

2052w3l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom