*** Show us your Dogs ***

Associate
Rusty, 7 years old. The funniest dog I've ever had/met, she makes us laugh every day.

50853805967_da4efe443c_c.jpg

50853715971_aa9b912d87_c.jpg

Associate
Out in the rain/floods today. One very soggy Hazel pup lol, and in case you wonder why she doesn't have a rain coat on - it's a waste of time because she still jumps into deep water with it on :)

Don't apologise. Why would she need a rain coat? She has her own coat! :) Not on board with dressing dogs tbh. The most I will do is put a hi-viz jacket on mine if walking at night near cars. Unfortunately the missus will put a bandanna on Murphy, which does my head in!

Unless a dog is operating significantly outside the environment it was bred to operate in, then it shouldn't need any PPE.

Do we have any raw feeders in the house? After much research, we're transitioning Murphy from kibble to raw. Murphy seems to be loving it so far. It was brought on by his poos becoming increasingly soft over the last month or so.

Last edited:
Soldato
We're raw feeders and Cali really likes it. She wasn't getting along with kibble at all, switched to raw food (chicken, lamb and chicken, chicken and salmon) and she can't eat it quick enough!

Associate
Do we have any raw feeders in the house? After much research, we're transitioning Murphy from kibble to raw. Murphy seems to be loving it so far. It was brought on by his poos becoming increasingly soft over the last month or so.

Yes our dogs are now fully on a raw diet, Hazel is the youngest (22 months) and has been on it since weaned off puppy food, the other two converted as adult dogs (about 4 and 9 years respectively). They've never been healthier. Protein is supplied by Beef/Chicken chunks, Fish (salmon, sardines and Mackerel), and raw eggs. Roughage by a Barf suppliment (SmartBarf) plus a cup of Royal Canin Vetinary digestive kibble. Also some carrot and cooked brown rice put through a blender. They get fed in the evening and eat all but the kibble which is then finished up during the next day as they get hungry again towards meal time. We used to have anal gland issues with the middle-aged Cockapoo (when fed on tinned wet food + kibble) prior to this diet but since changing she's been fine. For treats when training or just out walking I use chicken breast which has been chopped and dried for 24hrs in my dehydrator. No additives, very little fat, and all the dogs love it. Hazel and the other 6-year old Cockapoo have great body shape, but Toto is still a bit overweight but then she is 14yrs old bless her heart.

Associate
Another raw feeder here, it's the only thing to feed a dog imo.Even the very best kibble is no where near a good balanced raw diet for a dog.Not only for their health. coat and well being but they dont crap piles of stinky poo.
As far as treats go, air dried liver or fish skins, but the ultimate crack addiction for nearly any dog....air dried sprats, they go crazy for them.

There are plenty of really decent companies that do frozen complete raw diets for dogs if you are not confident on making your own up.Give you dog the food it deserves imo.

Permabanned
Raw chicken or at this time of year, raw turkey carcasses, or if the butcher has been lax with how many ducks he gets in, the odd duck carcass, served with Dr John's Silver biscuits, or whatever is good value at the time. Raw green tripe sometimes, I buy whole stomachs and cut them up and freeze them. Cutting up green tripe is a test of some people's constitution due the smell and mess, but you get used to it like most things ;)

Permabanned
This is Porridge, a poodle/collie cross :D. He .... like's to tell you when he is thirsty and only really likes drinking from the Bathroom tap...

PRmY6XA.png

Nice looking cross, does he share the brains and trainability of the collie and poodle?

I bred some standard poodle cross giant schnauzer litters and the progeny have a tempered guarding instinct compared to the giant schnauzer and a huge afinity for water and trainability of the standard poodle. A successful cross that also looks elegant IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom