*** Show us your Dogs ***

Man of Honour
One of my puppy's upper canines is hanging on by a thread, the adult tooth has already started poking out of the gum and you can see the white. Should I let it drop off by itself or give it a lending hand? All of his other teeth have fallen out and he has a mouth full of adult teeth now.

I don't know if this is good advice, but I'd leave it for the dog to sort it. You probably dont want the dog associating pain in the mouth with your hands etc.

Our 6 month old lab literally just lost her last canine - she had the adult one fully grown next to it for a couple of weeks. Almost called the vet to have it pulled, but it started bleeding during some play fighting the other day so knew it was starting to come out. Kept the rough play going and it eventually came out.

@hudson86 your pup looks exactly like our lass! I found a harness with lead clipped to the front made a big difference to pulling, I sometimes use a slip lead for short walks.

Cheers guys, this is what it's like now. Should I leave it or take him to the vet? He's had sloppy poo's since around the time I noticed that it was stuck.

IMG-4533.jpg

Soldato
My lab had the same thing and the vet was clear it needed taking out, it can cause decay and eventually the teeth "set" and they end up in the wrong place which can cause problems.

So it came out under a general at the vets... we tried the whole rough play with ropes and whatnot.. to be honest it looked like your pic, like it was going nowhere.

Permabanned
Good God, anything other than a truly honest vet will have your trousers down and charge you a ruck of money to fiddle about. Give it a few more weeks and it's almost certain the new canine will eject the milk tooth. i have seen this dozens of times with my own pups, the milk tooth always gets pushed out. Vets love dentistry, it's a damned good earner. It's not "stuck".

Soldato
Good God, anything other than a truly honest vet will have your trousers down and charge you a ruck of money to fiddle about. Give it a few more weeks and it's almost certain the new canine will eject the milk tooth. i have seen this dozens of times with my own pups, the milk tooth always gets pushed out. Vets love dentistry, it's a damned good earner. It's not "stuck".
I’d agree with this, ours had the same thing it dropped out a few weeks later.

Permabanned
The one with the lumps all over and its legs in the air should be taken to a vet IMMEDIATELY in my opinion.... ;) I wouldn't buy it any large tins of dog food to be brutally honest, the prognosis doesn't look promising.

Given your forthrightness over your sexual preferences and peccadilloes no doubt some on these forums will be all agog (and lasciviously salivating) now you have worked out how to post images... This is the moment you tell them you're eighty four...:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Very yes, he's had a lot of love and he's lost his ears and had to be sewn up a coup[le of times but the fact it's still in roughly one piece is impressive.

That said I think if he wanted to rip it apart as he's proven with numerous rope toys, he absolutely could.

Associate
Copper pretending her back legs have fallen off because she really doesn't want to get in the car with my daughter (and I can't blame her lol). Here she's being called to go with her but she isn't moving any closer. It's so funny that she has to be dragged out the door - sometimes even carried out.

Permabanned
Copper (although more platinum) is very photogenic! Lovely dog.

I had a bad experience yesterday when due to a brain fade I managed to let the male Giant Schnauzer out at the same time as the male Anatolian Karabash. To say they hate one another is an understatement. Luckily a field gate separated them, but they immediately locked on to one another's heads through the slats of the gate, the Karabash attempting to drag the other through it. I managed to separate them without getting bitten, but the Giant Schnauzer had managed to pierce its top lip at the side with a top canine, stretching the lip down so it was hooked fast on the tooth. The vet's 15 miles away so I decided to see if I could free it myself.

I got the dog tied securely to the gate by its choke chain and a rope round its back end. Then I sawed off a piece of roughly 2 x 2 inch timber about 9 inches long. I jammed that in its jaws tying it with string to its collar around the back of its head, so it couldn't bite down on me. My fingers couldn't get enough grip to pull its top lip down enough, so resorted to a pair of pliers! That worked very well, and gave enough purchase to pull the side of its lip down and off the tooth. The dog was fine and eating his dinner 20 minutes later, seemingly forgiving me for treating him like a piece of machinery.

No injuries unlike the last fight where I got canines through, (right through) the palm of my right hand. Yes, it hurt, a lot, not at first but 10 minutes later I had tears in my eyes and wanting a stiff drink..

Just to show he's still alive still with an upper lip, the wife said i should post a current photo!

ramos1.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
@ChrisLX200 lovely dog! Is it a cavapoo by any chance?

Thanks! She's a 7yrs/old Cockapoo and is my daughter's dog but she lives with me mostly unless my daughter decides to take her visiting friends. My own dog is also a Cockapoo - that's Hazel who's 2-1/2 yrs/old now, but I also get to look after our 15 yrs/old Cairn Terrier. They kind-of all get along lol, but there's some drama at times. Hazel will be in season again in around 4 weeks and we'll try mating her again, it failed last time.

Hazel asking to play...

A wet Hazel...

Back
Top Bottom