*** Show us your Dogs ***

Soldato
vx5XrtX.jpg
Cali posing proudly near her latest find. She was even prouder about 15 minutes after this photo as she managed to find a nice bit of fox poo to roll around in. Had the time of her life.

EHNfB1N.jpg
She has classic small dog syndrome. Always has to have the biggest stick

9EBzTJ2.jpg
Being a Spaniel it's basically impossible to keep her out of any water

Permabanned
There's something remarkably tenacious about the smell of fox poo, (and foxes).

I trapped a fox that was after some of my birds a few years back, and an acquaintance was giving me grief not to shoot it and bring it over to his smallholding ten miles away and release it. The wife took his side so I had this humane trap with this big dog fox in the back of my Volvo estate taking it to this bloke's place. It took about half an hour to get the cage in the car with the wife frightened it might bite her, so she insisted in baggering about with some strap arrangement so she didn't have to put her fingers through the mesh... It was a bloody pantomime.

I remember thinking to myself what madness is this I'm involved in, the damn thing could cover 5 miles in a night and be back in two days. But the worst part was the smell in the car lingered for a month after I released it. Probably got fleas in the car, too, damned things are usually riddled with 'em.

Never even got a couple of pints off the bloke either. Next one got some lead in its ear.

I trapped a fox that was after some of my birds a few years back, and an acquaintance was giving me grief not to shoot it and bring it over to his smallholding ten miles away and release it. The wife took his side so I had this humane trap with this big dog fox in the back of my Volvo estate taking it to this bloke's place. It took about half an hour to get the cage in the car with the wife frightened it might bite her, so she insisted in baggering about with some strap arrangement so she didn't have to put her fingers through the mesh... It was a bloody pantomime.

I remember thinking to myself what madness is this I'm involved in, the damn thing could cover 5 miles in a night and be back in two days. But the worst part was the smell in the car lingered for a month after I released it. Probably got fleas in the car, too, damned things are usually riddled with 'em.

Never even got a couple of pints off the bloke either. Next one got some lead in its ear.
You big softy :p

Associate

One of my dogs is a magnet for fox poo and will roll in it at any opportunity. It stinks like nothing else. However Copper knows the drill and when we get home goes to stand by the bath because she expects the inevitable scrubbing when we get home.

Associate
If there is water, he will find it. The muddier, the better!

bM69o3f.jpg
It took us a while to get him out of this little pool.
ykVm3tB.jpg

Words of wisdom
Xzez0vt.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Puppies! Well last year I was knee deep in puppies too. What a beepload of work that was...

Here are the results. The mom is 3.5yo, pup is JUST a year (and 3 days) old. Mom is a fantastic working girl, and the pup is learning fast.
SWkBbS2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom