• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Show us your gains on 337.50 nVidia drivers

Soldato
Edit:

Has anyone noticed if it hogs up loads of extra vram like Mantle? One thing I forgot to look for.

I didn't notice any increase in VRAM usage although my 780M has 4GB of VRAM so the differences wouldn't be obvious to the eye. I also forgot to setup my MSI Afterburner overlay properly as I had to reinstall it for some random reason.

Could you add my results to your opening post please. :)

Soldato
How about some actual in game screenshots of mentioned games showing stats from the likes of riva tuner or playclaw or even fraps? haha :D, graphs are graphs how about the real deal?, you know, in game :D

Associate
anyone thought about benching those games that have both 32bit and 64bit versions and seeing if that makes any difference to these drivers?

I think BF4 and Titanfall may have both versions

+ can anyone advise the Skyrim perfromance increase people are seeing? with my set-up and running and ENB i see no increase.. i thought this was directx 9 not 11

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I didn't notice any increase in VRAM usage although my 780M has 4GB of VRAM so the differences wouldn't be obvious to the eye. I also forgot to setup my MSI Afterburner overlay properly as I had to reinstall it for some random reason.

Could you add my results to your opening post please. :)

Of course I will Owen and thanks for doing the chart. :)

Caporegime
OP
Thanks and no problem. What was meant to be an afternoon of Titanfall turned into a afternoon of benchmarking and playing BF2 on my tablet. :)

Yer, I have been the same. I was meant to start benching 3D last night after work but was so tired, 3D just wasn't going to work. I will make a start today though for sure :)

Soldato
crysis3 20fps more and much more stable, BF4 no change if not slightly less FPS but smoother and less jumpy in certain moments.

have not had a chance to test other games yet but GPU usage is up across the board.

Man of Honour
They claimed some crazy figure of 71% increase for RTW2

What a load of rubbish, I got 300%:D

Last time I benched it on old drivers @1600p maxed I got about 32fps, this time I on 337.5 I did a lot better on the Titans.

hPSosTk.jpg

Soldato
Some of these gains are astonishing. But why now?

Surely Nvidia have been working on this drivers for months, if not longer. Why not do this last year. Why have they been able to release such a driver now and not before?

Caporegime
OP
Some of these gains are astonishing. But why now?

Surely Nvidia have been working on this drivers for months, if not longer. Why not do this last year. Why have they been able to release such a driver now and not before?

I am guessing at getting the DX libraries from Microsoft which has always been closed to Microsoft only. Mantle was getting all the limelight and Microsoft didn't want to lose too many devs or want too many devs coding for Mantle.

Tin foil hat perhaps but that is my guess.

Soldato
I am guessing at getting the DX libraries from Microsoft which has always been closed to Microsoft only. Mantle was getting all the limelight and Microsoft didn't want to lose too many devs or want too many devs coding for Mantle.

Tin foil hat perhaps but that is my guess.

Good guess but I very much doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom