Show us your kitty cats

Associate
If they start chasing each other with slinking, you're not doing enough to keep their attention/aggression off each other. You need to show both of them that they get attention from you and reward them for tolerating each other in the same room. It's a full time job so I hope you booked time off work. :p

Associate
Harry
26863321_363901584082095_1039173165537820672_n.jpg

Soldato
Harry is cute :D:D

Tried touching the Paw today - Holly did a swipe with claws out and so did Ronnie. - Both on starvation rations for a week. How dare they swipe the hand that feeds them

413636146.jpg

412780822.jpg

Soldato
A quick question for those of you with house cats or ever had one. Realistically how large of a space would you need for one? We thought about adopting/rescuing a slightly older cat but then wondered how much living in a one bed flat would effect it and decided against. We would have plenty of time for the cat so that was never an issue just worried about space. What do you all think one bed flat too small its a decent size one bed atleast.

Associate
A quick question for those of you with house cats or ever had one. Realistically how large of a space would you need for one? We thought about adopting/rescuing a slightly older cat but then wondered how much living in a one bed flat would effect it and decided against. We would have plenty of time for the cat so that was never an issue just worried about space. What do you all think one bed flat too small its a decent size one bed atleast.

Unless she's used to such small spaces, she'll be meowing at that door all day long. I have a 3 bed room house and sometimes it's not big enough for 2.

Caporegime
Bella doesn't like paw touching/paw holding much.

I can rub her tummy all day long, touch her nose, play with her ears, tail, chin.

But paws must be sacred or something. There is also a special place in hell reserved for humans who clip claws, I've been told :p

Soldato
we need an ****OcUK Official Thread of Officialness... Can You Touch Your Cats Paw?**** thread with Poll! lol

Mine were the same. I think its an instinctive prey-is-trying-to-escape-grabit! reaction or something. Used to have a lot of fun seeing how much you can get away with. If you don't react by yanking your hand away or staying calm they generally calm down too. Or at least become become more tolerant if you touched them when they weren't expecting it they'd do the instinctive thing then open their eye and give a look as if to say "oh its you!" and leave you to it and fall asleep again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ours tolerates petting of the front paws but not the back.

Nail clipping is met with a very sad sounding meow but she doesn't fight it - think its more the principle of the matter :p
I wouldn't clip her claws at all but for the fact that she gets them stuck (in carpets, etc) and it could be dangerous for her. I don't mind being scratched in the slightest (although she's really not that sort of cat anyhow).

Back
Top Bottom