Show us your kitty cats

Caporegime
Recent ones of Calvin & Hobbes.
calvin.jpeg

calvin.jpeg

hobbes.jpeg

hobbes.jpeg

Caporegime
Got home from doing the shopping and Ronnie was crashed out on top of porch roof - not unusual but it was raining - after a while he jumped down and he was soaked - had some food and off he went - Seem like straight for a dirt bath - he is sprawled in wife's potting tray

413991993.jpg

413991994.jpg
Maybe someone told him he's a plant? So first he waters himself, then provides some good compost. Now he waits for the roots to grow.

Soldato
Thought this would be the best thread to ask in.

My maine **** cat has a lot of matted fur on his stomach and I'm not sure what to do about it.
He's doesn't like he's stomach being touched, so whenever I try to comb his stomach, it ends pretty quickly.
I've talked to my vets who said they would shave his stomach, but if he protests too much, they'll have to knock him out.
He's 12 years old, which is pretty old for maine ****, we lost his brother less them 2 months ago to a heart condition. I don't want to put him through any unneeded stress.

Is the matted fur causing him discomfort? Should I leave him be or take the risk at the vets?

Soldato
Thought this would be the best thread to ask in.

My maine **** cat has a lot of matted fur on his stomach and I'm not sure what to do about it.
He's doesn't like he's stomach being touched, so whenever I try to comb his stomach, it ends pretty quickly.
I've talked to my vets who said they would shave his stomach, but if he protests too much, they'll have to knock him out.
He's 12 years old, which is pretty old for maine ****, we lost his brother less them 2 months ago to a heart condition. I don't want to put him through any unneeded stress.

Is the matted fur causing him discomfort? Should I leave him be or take the risk at the vets?

Matted can cause problems yeah all sorts of unpleasant things can get stuck in it. Not nice at all. I'm surprised he needs knocking out a sedation would normally be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom