1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your kitty cats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ^TANK^, Sep 1, 2009.

1. bloodiedathame

Soldato

Who do you guys use for cat insurance? Petplan seems crazy expensive (Lifetime cover £21 a month), cheapest Lifetime I can find is £4.41 from Healthy Pets but the reviews on these guys aren't great. Any tips?

2. bremen1874

Capodecina

Mine’s insured with Churchill. The price was okay at the time and they paid out when the cat needed his inner eyelid repairing.

3. Funky-Melon

Hitman

My two are insured with animalfriends. Never used them but they reviewed well at the time of taking out cover.

4. DXP55

Mobster

Just looking though my photos and came across Ronnie when he fitted the cat bed - I think he has now grown out of it. - he is now getting like a little old man - all the youth fullness has gone and he now plods instead of gallops around - Time is a bitch. :( - He did come back with a mouse the other night so all is not lost.

[​IMG]

5. PiKe

Capodecina

We used Argos, £17 for both cats, platinum cover.

6. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

Meet Thomas. Got him for my son for his sixth Birthday. Currently wrecking the house.

[​IMG]

7. Phate

Caporegime

He looks like a Thomas! :D

8. DXP55

Mobster

Have to agree with Phate - he will be a hansom cat.

9. DXP55

Mobster

Had a new dressing gown for Xmas - who do you think bagged the old one :):)

[​IMG]

10. The Running Man

Caporegime

11. Jazzerman

Hitman

[​IMG]

12. Quartz

Sgarrista

"You will die painfully, human, for this indignity."

13. Phate

Caporegime

"silly hobbitsis"
    "My preecccciioouusss"

:D

14. alexakasloth

Soldato

We picked up peanut from the cat protection a couple of months ago.
    [​IMG]

Out of all the toys she has pencils and my other halfs hairbands are her favourite.

15. Kronos

Catwalker

Bought by Many for me, not expensive and gives excellent coverage though have not had to claim as Millie is built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

16. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

Hey all, anyone give some advice on costs of adopting a kitten. Insurance, injections and best food, right toys for kittens and training. We don't have outdoor access as we're on a middle floor flat near a main road too.

We had 2 young adult cats as adoptees 4 years ago but the big brother would attack the smaller sister so we gave him to my wife's dad and he is loving life down in Hove now. The sister had a good couple of years but sadly passed away due to an illness so we're now ready to get a kitten and have it grow up with us and our 3yr old son. He's very sensible with animals, we don't have any other pets so hoping it's an easy transition.

17. mikedigitales

Hitman

You're not far from the big Cats Protection Centre at Chelwood Gate - we've had our last two cats from there. They normally have loads of cats that need homes, from kittens to older cats. I think it's a fixed donation amount of about £80, but that includes all the jabs and neutering etc which cost much more than that at the vets. They'll let you know what food they've been using, for a kitten I think it'll be something g like Purina Pro Plan junior biscuits, and Felix kitten wet meat pouches.

18. Kronos

Catwalker

Hopefully you will choose a kitten from a rescue centre rather than a breeder.
    Toys, kittens will play with anything, from plastic milk carton tops to stuffed mice so just get a bunch of different stuff.
    A scratch pole which can come as part of a cat tree is a must.
    Insurance depends on what cover you want so shop around.
    Food, if you get a young kitten you can probably get it to eat good quality wet food, I don't believe in dry food as main nourishment as it just is not natural, but it is good for keeping their teeth clean.
    Cat litter, there are many types I prefer clumping litter as it seems to absorb smells also. Make sure you get a big box or prepare to upgrade as it grows as the litter will be scattered everywhere. My Millie is now on one of the under bed storage boxes from Poundstretcher.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  19. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

My wife has been to the Chelwood Gate place a while back. They were mostly older cats and also they said couldn't be homed with young children. We'd happily adopt a rescue but it seems rules are already against our favour die to what i have already said. Young children, flat, no easy outdoor access

20. Kronos

Catwalker

Must be other places you could try.