Show us your kitty cats

Man of Honour
While I was scrolling down the page and at first glance I thought he was balancing that cup on his head!! What a clever cat I thought. I then looked properly and thought what a stupid pasty!! :p

The wife thinks it would be a good idea to put elf hats on all our cats to take a nice Christmas picture. Better her than me because I value my hands and they are not going to be amused.

Man of Honour
Our second kitten has arrived!

FbPuPmv.jpg

Fc243R7.jpg

Following the first day she has finally started to eat and drink which is a relief. She also seems to be getting on well with our other kitten (the hissing and growling has stopped!).

Associate
Anybody have any ideas on how to train him to come in through the cat flap? He can go out with no problems as he uses his paw to push it open but as it's a microchip flap (this one) he has to stick his head in the tunnel to unlock it before he can use his paw or head to open it. In the Amazon link the main picture is the inside so it's nice and easy to open. If you click on the second picture you will see that there is a shroud/tunnel on the outside and the sensor is in the top of the shroud/tunnel so he needs to stick his head in there to unlock it. Unfortunately he is just trying to use his paw the same way as he does to go out meaning that once he's out he's stuck outside until someone lets him in again. Luckily I am here with them most of the time so it's not a problem but we do go to town once a week and it's turned cold again so I don't want him stuck outside. Night time isn't a problem as he stays in the house. I could lock it but he would just beat his paws against the flap trying to get out and he opened his paw back up last week doing that. I have made some progress and it may just be the case that it will take some time for him to get used to it. I used to let him in through the back door but in a attempt to train him have been making him come through the flap. At first he tries to open it with his paws but then he see's me and sticks his head in the tunnel and it unlocks allowing me to open the flap inwards a little and then he pushes it open the rest of the way as he comes in. If I leave him to it he takes his head out and after a couple of seconds tries again with his paws by which time the flap has locked again. For some reason he won't push it with his head from fully closed. The magnet is quite strong but it's not overly strong and you only have to move the flap a little to break the contact and my other two took to it quickly. I gues this is going to be one of those things that just takes time and patience.

I sat on the sofa last night to read a text message I had just recieved and he jumped onto my lap for cuddles. He ended up curling into a ball with me stroking him, he was purring his head off and went to sleep shortly followed by me. The next thing I knew was the wife waking me up as it was bed time!! His loud purring is so relaxing. :)

Aye good luck, mine is a stray, lived rough for 5 years and was an absolute mess when we got him. 8 years later he is a nightmare. He has a microchip cat flap and he knows it. He will happily use it to come in but try getting him to go out, he waves his paw and then just walks away and comes screthching at me for the front door. I thought he was scared as he couldn't see if he would be safe on exit, so I installed external lighting and he pokes his head out and then just thinks "Nah mate, get out yer bed". I gave in and thought it was the front door he wanted so new microchip cat flap installed, same crap. He is just an utter T**T of a cat and he doesn't give one hoot he had to live rough for years and now he has it easy. He is a cat and it's his way or the ******* highway. I either sleep well and let him in and out when HE decides or I get all high and mighty and say "HE CAN USE THE BLOODY MICROCHIP CATFLAT" and THEN get up and let him out. I've learned who is boss here.

Still love the wee ***** to bits though and he knows it.

Caporegime
This one decided to have a massive bout of diahrrea in his cat box in the car journey home from the cattery. My mum and stapfather were not best pleased with the clean up job, and scratches :p:o

Soldato
Ooooooooooh

Ronnie wet himself in cat box coming home from vet - that wasn't too bad.

Just sitting here and looking at CCTV monitor and summerhouse light just came on - thought it was Ronnie coming back but it was a large black cat - bet he was responsible for pile of Ronnies fur on the lawn.

Man of Honour
He's settled in lovely and made himself at home. He get's on well with Jade my oldest female cat and Abby is getting there, just the occassional hiss at him but she will come around. They were both on the bed yesterday with no hissing so that's good. Garfield had his second booster today so that's him up to date with his jabs again. I am brushing him every other day to get him used to being fussed over and then it will be every day. His coat has already turned soft and fluffy. Our neighbour who was also keeping an eye on him when he was living "rough" came around to see him yesterday and couldn't believe the difference in him. She said he's like a completely different cat! He's a good cure for insomnia. I don't know what it is about his loud purring but any length of time he is on my lap getting stroked he purrs loudly before falling asleep and nine times out of ten I end up falling asleep with him. :)

Man of Honour
He's settled in lovely and made himself at home. He get's on well with Jade my oldest female cat and Abby is getting there, just the occassional hiss at him but she will come around. They were both on the bed yesterday with no hissing so that's good. Garfield had his second booster today so that's him up to date with his jabs again. I am brushing him every other day to get him used to being fussed over and then it will be every day. His coat has already turned soft and fluffy. Our neighbour who was also keeping an eye on him when he was living "rough" came around to see him yesterday and couldn't believe the difference in him. She said he's like a completely different cat! He's a good cure for insomnia. I don't know what it is about his loud purring but any length of time he is on my lap getting stroked he purrs loudly before falling asleep and nine times out of ten I end up falling asleep with him. :)

I know what you mean, there is something seriously relaxing about it.

Soldato

awesome job you have done, many kudo's to you :)

Soldato
It's never ending..

First off we have Holly with bad ears - this has been on and off over a few years which has terminated with her having all the ear canal removed on her right ear. It doesn't stop there though as the cause was a aggressive tumor which vet said was localised so what we have done isn't a permanent cure - That has run into thousands of pounds.

We noticed Ronnies left ear was flopping and had a look but nothing obvious and we knew he had been in a fight as his fur was scattered around next doors lawn. Thursday we took him in for a check thinking a quick look down ear and bottle of ear drops -- No chance - there was so much puss in his ear they couldn't see down it. So left him there overnight and next morning they put him under - cleaned ear and found a lump at top of ear canal - They cut a bit off to send for a biopsy as well as a blood sample and urine sample. - They asked if we had pet insurance which we do but only a cheap one so we gave them the details and they sent it off.
Had a email today asking if we knew vet had put in the claim which we knew of and this was in excess of £600 - we have to pay first £100 but that will be it - everything is now up to us.

We had two cats for 18 yrs each and they cost peanut's - one got run over forunately nothing serious and other came in one night with large cut under her rear leg. - We had other cats in
between but very few Vet bills.

These two are wiping us out. - It's not the cost to us but fact Vets bills seemed to have rocketed out of all proportion to our income.

All we are hoping now is the biopsy comes back clear - The blood and urine test is the second because his last blood test showed up a anomaly in his liver.#

rant over - we will obviously keep paying for treatment and hope Ronnie gets through this - Holly is on borrowed time - we just have to judge when to end it.

Back
Top Bottom