Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Last night the wife and I sat down and discussed Holly's future. It turned out there wasn't any. She has shown signs of going down hill over the last month or so after her major ear operation to remove ear canal and a aggressive tumor. She just sits there looking at nothing - sleeping all day - not turning up for meal time - there was a time that if you were in the kitchen the first sound of food being prepared she was there. - Not now - She has lost her hearing in her good ear and also struggles to use litter tray.
So after a load of wet tissues from both of us we decided today was the day.
Rang a different vet to the one we use and booked her in for late afternoon. -This vet was totally different to our usual Vet - They seemed to have the cat as priority not how much can we make out of this visit. So at 6.00 this evening we had Holly put to sleep - another load of wet tissues. - She also put up a fight - so much so the vet gave her a tranquilizer but after all that we are sure in our minds we did the right thing after a load more wet tissues. In her 10 yrs with us it has been a real up and down with us taking her to the Vet for loads of different problems - She was a stoic little cat.

412066362.jpg

412780822.jpg

414358296.jpg

413756416.jpg

And another load of wet tissues from me

Soldato
OP
Last night the wife and I sat down and discussed Holly's future. It turned out there wasn't any. She has shown signs of going down hill over the last month or so after her major ear operation to remove ear canal and a aggressive tumor. She just sits there looking at nothing - sleeping all day - not turning up for meal time - there was a time that if you were in the kitchen the first sound of food being prepared she was there. - Not now - She has lost her hearing in her good ear and also struggles to use litter tray.
Rang a different vet to the one we use and booked her in for late afternoon. -This vet was totally different to our usual Vet - They seemed to have the cat as priority not how much can we make out of this visit. So at 6.00 this evening we had Holly put to sleep - another load of wet tissues. - She also put up a fight - so much so the vet gave her a tranquilizer but after all that we are sure in our minds we did the right thing after a load more wet tissues. In her 10 yrs with us it has been a real up and down with us taking her to the Vet for loads of different problems - She was a stoic little cat.

412066362.jpg

412780822.jpg

414358296.jpg

413756416.jpg

Sorry for your loss, without a shadow of a doubt you made the right decision to let Holly go. Take comfort in the knowledge she was well loved and looked after and wanted for nothing.

Soldato
Such a hard decision but the right one, RIP Holly.
Perhaps a bit soon but please remember that there are many cats languishing in rescue centres desperate for a forever home full of the love I know you and your good lady can offer.

Associate
RIP Holly. Hoping you and the family are doing okay.

I'm other news, our latest Foster in settling in well. She came from a home where she was tormented by younger children, and was given up when she finally got fed up and retaliated. She's been so gentle with us though, as you can see! https://imgur.com/gallery/tdm0LD1

Soldato
Thank you all for the replies.

Today we had a state funeral in the garden and buried Queen Holly.

We then crowned Ronnie as King Ronnie and he can now use the top sleeping spot.

414358648.jpg
:D:D

Soldato
Sorry to hear about Holly.

Everyone, meet Squeak. He's an old boy who chose us. He's very chilled and takes his cat responsibilities very seriously. Especially the eating, sleeping, and cuddles.

5RGPXAq.png

z2v0Hlj.png

Must get cHIcKingZ:
E0byC4h.jpg

fNc6TH5.jpg

Man of Honour

412066362.jpg

412780822.jpg

414358296.jpg

413756416.jpg

:( a tough decision, but at least she won’t have to suffer anymore.

My parents new Chinchilla Persian called Alfie, nearly 4 months old :)

20191224-135400.jpg

20191224-122851.jpg

20191222-125027.jpg

ctmwF9N

Gorgous!

Soldato
dougal has lost a lot of weight recently and hasn't been eating much, he had a ton of tests done on monday and the vet can't find any ticking time bombs but he did notice that dougal has a slow heart rate, so 250 odd quid lighter dad took him back home and he is due back on friday.

he eats chicken a bit but more or less ignores his cat food, meds in his chicken it is :)

hope it is not serious poor wee cat was getting poked and prodded by the vet for over an hour and a half :(

any way here is a pic of him, he is so soft and good natured.

kCOxOLe.jpg

Soldato
dougal has lost a lot of weight recently and hasn't been eating much, he had a ton of tests done on monday and the vet can't find any ticking time bombs but he did notice that dougal has a slow heart rate, so 250 odd quid lighter dad took him back home and he is due back on friday.

he eats chicken a bit but more or less ignores his cat food, meds in his chicken it is :)

hope it is not serious poor wee cat was getting poked and prodded by the vet for over an hour and a half :(

any way here is a pic of him, he is so soft and good natured.

kCOxOLe.jpg

Hope the little guy gets better.

Have a soft spot for tuxedo cats, had one plus an all black cat as my last pets.

And the neighbour's cat that comes to tea is also black and white!

Soldato
thanks im just hoping the vet finds out whats wrong with him no matter how much it costs.

edit: yeh tuxedo cats kick ass got dougal and his brother ted, the previous cats that i grew up with were a cute wee tuxedo female and a slightly bigger female tabby :)

my gran had 2 awesome tuxedo's as well unfortunatly the male one got ran over while still curious about 2 but his sister lived to about 20 :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom