Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
dougal is not doing too good :(

he is back at vet on friday..... today he wandered out his room into mine and i unmatted his fur and nearly fell asleep petting him with hand and comb, trying to groom him since he cant do it himself :(

had him all good then he wondered out for his litter tray and came back smelling of crap, he had diarhea on his ass and bottom side of tail pretty high up, i cleaned him up before there was any chance of that drying and matting his fur then a few hours later i went for a shower, came back to dougal in my pc chair lying in his own vomit.....

cleaned him again and my chair :p

he has barely ate all day but he has had some fluids, honestly not sure how much longer we will have him for :(

im starting to get really sad thinking we might lose him, ill do the best i can for him and groom him and clean him but he feels like skin and bone :(

last time he was at vets he gained 10% body weight but today probably lost it, he was refusing beef mince,chicken,prawns,dreamies,gourmet cat food and fish etc :(

im hoping he picks up never gonna give up on my furry wee pal, i just started crying :(

kCOxOLe.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sorry to hear about poor Dougal. He looks a lovely cat and I hope he feels better soon. I hate it when any of my babies are ill and tend to make myself ill with worry.

We have had Garfield a couple of months now, can't believe how quick the time has passed. He has really come out of his shell and is a right character. He is a right softy and loves a lap, all you need to do is sit down and suddenly he's there!! Stealth cat. :) He plays with Jade my eldest female cat and they chase each other around the house. Sadly Abby still has accepted him yet and still hisses and growls at him. They have progressed to both sleeping on our bed during the day although they are at the extreme opposite ends from each other. We tried a different litter last week, this stuff. Jesus, what a mess the next morning!! It was up the wall's, on the door in the hallway and stair carpets and took me over a hour to clean up. It's really sticky when wet and stuck to the carpet and poor Garfield's coat which is why it took so much time to clean up. Needless to say it went in the bin and have gone back to wood pellets. I am experimenting with the amount I put in their litter tray so hopefully I can cut down on the amount going in the bin.

Man of Honour
I’m already terrified of our cats getting ill or old. They are such a big part of our lives. They are so entertaining. I get home and they are waiting for cuddles.

Fortunately the eye infections seem to be over, every eye having been infected in both kittens at some point. I hated having to put in the eye drops, even though they were as good as gold and didn’t resist at all.

Soldato
The sad part of owning any pets is knowing you will outlive them
Every time I lose one I swear never to get another because of the pain it causes
But I always do
Not because I want to replace the previous one~nothing can replace them
I just have to think of it as the previous one decided they had a good long life with some one who loved them
And unselfishly decided
They would move on and let a less fortunate animal have the same as they did
Every body is different of course and copes in their own ways
It still hurts like hell of course

Associate
So we've been looking after a friends cat whilst they take an extended honeymoon. Just before Christmas she started making noises like she was snoring, sneezing a lot, and had a lot of discharge around the nose and eyes. Off to the vets we went and got antibiotics and anti-inflammatory. The discharge was likely caused by a URI and disappeared but the snoring sound has only got worse.

Took her to the vet yesterday who noticed some swelling above her nose and between the eyes. She's been recommended for a CT scan but that's gonna be costly and we can't get hold of our friends to sort her insurance. Looks like some sort of blockage in there, could be a tumor, could just be another infection, can't tell without a scan.

Fortunately she seems otherwise healthy and behaving normally, so cancer seems unlikely, and the swelling doesn't seem to be coming up too quick. It's gonna be a long two weeks though.

Edit: Juniper at the vet having a great time. Vet trip. https://imgur.com/gallery/24LJs3M

Juniper has taken a turn for the worse today. She's now pretty much unable to breath through her nose, isn't eating or drinking, and is very lethargic. She was her usual self yesterday so this has come on very sudden. Her breathing has become very shallow and she's trying her best to hide away from anyone.

Unfortunately I've had to leave for work, but my girlfriend will be taking her to the vets as soon as she gets back from work. Really hoping there's something they can do but I fear it might be best to euthanise as she really seems to be struggling.

Her owners arrive back from their honeymoon this evening, just hoping they make it in time.

Soldato
Juniper has taken a turn for the worse today. She's now pretty much unable to breath through her nose, isn't eating or drinking, and is very lethargic. She was her usual self yesterday so this has come on very sudden. Her breathing has become very shallow and she's trying her best to hide away from anyone.

Unfortunately I've had to leave for work, but my girlfriend will be taking her to the vets as soon as she gets back from work. Really hoping there's something they can do but I fear it might be best to euthanise as she really seems to be struggling.

Her owners arrive back from their honeymoon this evening, just hoping they make it in time.
That's an awful position to be in
Hopefully the vet can make her comfortable until they get back
I can't imagine how terrible I would feel if had to have someone's pet put to sleep under those circumstances
Fingers crossed it turns out not to be necessary

Soldato
dougal is still not eating but he drank some water earlier and dad came home from work midday to rush him to the vet, he has been giving an anti biotic and more heart meds to go along with his existing ones, poor wee guy has a low heart rate again and is due at the vet on friday still :(

very sorry to hear about juniper, that is a rough position to be in :(

Associate
I'm just sat here at work staring at my phone waiting for any news, I'm so nervous. We couldn't get her to see a vet til 7, we're just hoping she makes it that long right now.

Thanks for the kind words.

Soldato
I'm just sat here at work staring at my phone waiting for any news, I'm so nervous. We couldn't get her to see a vet til 7, we're just hoping she makes it that long right now.

Thanks for the kind words.
having to wait till 7 wouldnt help either
dont they have emergency options?
my local vet opened surgery at 8am on a saturday morning when my cat was in a very bad way
sadly the cat didnt make it
but was really grateful they opened just for me
didnt even bill me for the privilige which was very kind of him

Associate
having to wait till 7 wouldnt help either
dont they have emergency options?
my local vet opened surgery at 8am on a saturday morning when my cat was in a very bad way
sadly the cat didnt make it
but was really grateful they opened just for me
didnt even bill me for the privilige which was very kind of him

It was the best option.

Apparently for any euthanasia, the vets require the owner's signature. It's unlikely we'd be getting her any actual treatment if we took her earlier ourselves. This way her owners can take her and make that decision themselves.

And this way if she doesn't make it til her owners are back, she's at least comfortable at home rather than at a vets waiting for a signature.

Soldato
It was the best option.

Apparently for any euthanasia, the vets require the owner's signature. It's unlikely we'd be getting her any actual treatment if we took her earlier ourselves. This way her owners can take her and make that decision themselves.

And this way if she doesn't make it til her owners are back, she's at least comfortable at home rather than at a vets waiting for a signature.

yes if caring for some ones pet while they are away
you need to get them to sign a consent form before they go
far as i know
fingers still crossed here

Associate
Still at work but Juniper has passed. The vets agreed it was the best thing to do for her. Thank you for the kind words guys, she is at peace now.

Soldato
Still at work but Juniper has passed. The vets agreed it was the best thing to do for her. Thank you for the kind words guys, she is at peace now.

that is deeply saddening poor wee kitty, im very saddened to hear that, sounds like you did the right thing :(

Last edited:
Associate
Aw sorry to hear it
Did the owners make it back in time?
Hopefully they did
Horrible thing to come back to
But worse if they hadn't had a chance to say goodbye

that is deeply saddening poor wee kitty, im very saddened to hear that, sounds like you did the right thing :(

Thank you. They did make it back in time. I've just got back from work and seen them and they are devastated but glad they got to say goodbye.

Soldato
Thank you. They did make it back in time. I've just got back from work and seen them and they are devastated but glad they got to say goodbye.

ah that is good to know, if these new meds don't work for dougal he might be going up there as well. theres talk of the jab if these meds fail, apparently the vet stayed out of it when my mum and dad were talking about if dougal was suffering, the vet eventually said he is probably not in much pain :(

he was so healthy looking a wee while back, im crying again, go autism :(

i just want dougal to be healthy like he was :(

Soldato
saw a wee improvement earlier, small but noticable also his breathing is settled down now, i think his anti biotic done the trick for the wierd breathing noises, he has started making a wee meow now when some one goes in his room, still not eating though he is still drinking and had to clean his fur earlier again.

he is back at vet later today but his other heart med could take a week to fully kick in, i just hope he starts eating...

too early to say and the vet will tell us if his heartbeat is improved later i guess.

Back
Top Bottom