Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
gIwbEQK.jpg

Looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, but tbh she's an absolute assh*le.
But that's what I get for walking into Blue Cross and asking for the cat that no one else wanted.
She will randomly attack me for no reason, mainly when I'm asleep, which is nice.
That said, I do love the thing, even though she does her best to make my life an utter misery at all times.
Her name...

Kitler

Associate
gIwbEQK.jpg

Looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, but tbh she's an absolute assh*le.
But that's what I get for walking into Blue Cross and asking for the cat that no one else wanted.
She will randomly attack me for no reason, mainly when I'm asleep, which is nice.
That said, I do love the thing, even though she does her best to make my life an utter misery at all times.
Her name...

Kitler

lol , looks adorable.

Associate
I'd get the kitten checked out if it continues as that's not normal behaviour if they have access to and know how to use the litter box.

Make sure you are thorough on the wash as any hint of smell staying make a repeat likely.

We have a sensitive soul of a cat. She protest piddles if she doesnt feel sufficiently loved (and she is a demanding cat!!) so psych issues quite possible.

Soldato
Fernley was briefly looking dignified the other day

PXL-20210902-142651521.jpg

Man of Honour
Now Abby has managed to injure herself. I was in bed Wednesday morning when the wife got up at 04.25 for work and as usual as soon as she gets out of bed Abby comes in and gets up on the bed for cuddles until I get up later on. In between nodding off I sensed that she seemed to be pulling herself around by her front paws which is very unusual. When I got up she followed me and was growling loudly at every step and I noticed she was limping badly and "carrying" her left rear leg. I phoned the vets as soon as they opened and they managed to get us in at 16.30 that day. Took her in and they examined her which she was not happy about but like myself could find nothing obvious. They then took her in for X-rays which showed no breaks or anything so hopefully she has just jarred something and it will heal up by itself over the next week or so. She gave me some Loxicom for the pain which she has to have once a day and we go back next Friday if there is no improvement. The poor wee thing is just not herself and because she is limping so much she ends up walking diagonally. She only goes outside to go to the loo in our garden and then straight back in which is not like her at all. She has been resting a lot which is good as she is supposed to keep her weight off it although how on earth you can make a cat do that is beyond me. Luckily she is doing it anyway. If it's not one thing it's another!!

Soldato
We've had a bit of a rough week with Murray, he's 14 now (had him since he was 9 weeks). He has a murmur and congenital heart failure so is on furosemide and Simintra and was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism last year so it on Thyronorm and about a week ago he in the space of a morning just stopped eating and started vomiting. Vets said he's lost a little bit of weight but his bloods were excellent including his thyroid hormone numbers which prompted them to suggest lowering his dose.

We are about 5 or 6 days in and its only in the last 24 hours that any semblance of appetite has come back, prior to that he would simply sniff it and walk away. Its been really strange though because he's been drinking fine and beyond a few hours under the bed his behaviour doesn't really seem that different. Obviously the worry is that the heart failure has deteriorated but its been stable now for the best part of 6 years hence the congenital diagnosis.

Associate
Poor lad... we had a heart failure case. Treated at Royal Veterinary College. They gave him 6m to live. He managed 12 with careful management and occasionally winging it with doses of furosemide. I've have loved 6 years but its a lottery. Hopefully he's over the rough patch for now

Back
Top Bottom