Show us your kitty cats

Caporegime
Well, I picked up the new addition yesterday. He's not a replacement for my other cat that died, he's an addition and he's pretty damn awesome. He's just about to turn 9 months old which seems almost comical given the size of him already.

IMG-2072.jpg

IMG-2063.jpg

IMG-2061.jpg

What an absolute unit, hopefully he'll leave you some room on the sofa!

The fish looks familiar :D

Permabanned
Thanks for the replies, poison is out unfortunately as the dogs may pick up a poisoned rat and although I have never seen one attempt to eat a rat they've killed, there's always a first time. I was mainly curious as whether mice were the limit, or if rats were fair game too. Griffo's cat looks far too posh to stoop to such things, I love the white feet.

Soldato
Frank is continuing to improve and you would not currently think he is an unwell cat other than his shaved patches. The daily injections are horrific though as he puts up quite the struggle - looks like we will be able to move on to an oral dose as of Jan 4th which I cannot wait for!

Man of Honour
@Phemo That's a beautiful cat.

Christmas has been pants as it's been the first Christmas for many years that we only have a single cat. I miss the chaos and mayhem when I give them their catnip toy presents although Abby did a good impression of a bomb going off in the hallway yesterday. There were toys everywhere but it was not the same as having 2 or 3 of them running around. I am at the stage where I would'nt mind a kitten now. Not a replacement for Jade and Garfield as they are irreplaceable, a new addition to the family. The wife won't let me though as she wants to go places when she retires. :(

Talking of Jade, not for the first time something strange happened last night. We were in bed watching Disney+ when we heard a sound I can only describe as a cat stretching against the side of the bed and then my clothes fell off the top of a chest of drawers. Abby was curled up on the bed and on hearing the sound she shot up and stared at the corner of the room all alert. It makes me wonder if Jade and/or Garfield are still here with us. Their ashes are downstairs in a cabinet. I have seen a cat out of the corner of my eye many times but when I look there's nothing there. It's probably my imagination but it would be nice to think they are still here in spirit.

Soldato
Maybe someone here could offer me some advice. 2 weeks into owning a Bengal and he’s very shy, hides a lot under the bed. I’m thinking of unscrewing the legs so he can’t get under there. Part of me thinks if he feels safe under there let him stay, but also maybe it’s not behaviour I should be encouraging?
He is safe and has climbing frames he sleeps on and a playpen with blankets in that he can go to for quiet time.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Maybe someone here could offer me some advice. 2 weeks into owning a Bengal and he’s very shy, hides a lot under the bed. I’m thinking of unscrewing the legs so he can’t get under there. Part of me thinks if he feels safe under there let him stay, but also maybe it’s not behaviour I should be encouraging?
He is safe and has climbing frames he sleeps on and a playpen with blankets in that he can go to for quiet time.

The one burmese (Meg) I had was very very timid to begin with. 2 weeks is a short time, it can take time. Each cat has their own adjustment period. She will come around eventually.

Just try sitting in the room with her for a bit to show her you're not a threat. Perhaps even have some treats nearby to encourage her out. Feliway plug-in can sometimes help calm them down too (it seemed to work with mine, but results may vary). Just be calm and patient she will come around eventually.

Soldato
The one burmese (Meg) I had was very very timid to begin with. 2 weeks is a short time, it can take time. Each cat has their own adjustment period. She will come around eventually.

Just try sitting in the room with her for a bit to show her you're not a threat. Perhaps even have some treats nearby to encourage her out. Feliway plug-in can sometimes help calm them down too (it seemed to work with mine, but results may vary). Just be calm and patient she will come around eventually.

Oh its not hard to encourage him to come out, any toy or treat will get his attention. Its just any attempt to approach him when he's out, and he will head straight for the cover of the bed.

Soldato
My lola goea to hide/sleep under my brother's bed when she needs some peace and quiet at my parents. I don't think it's a bad thing to letbher sleep there.

Back
Top Bottom