Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
So after losing Ruby three weeks ago we had to say goodbye to Murray as well today. I'm utterly devastated, he was my little ginger buddy who gamed with me, sat with me whilst I worked and slept on my feet at night. Had him for 15 years from 10 weeks old and we don't know where the time has gone.

He was diagnosed with heart failure 6 years ago and they gave him 3 months, 15 months ago he was losing weight and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism then September last year he had a couple of seizures. He was on a cocktail of drugs and was ok, everything was controlled but his weight loss continued. He was a naturally big long cat and at his prime was 8kg, he was down to 5kg three weeks ago. At the weekend he basically stopped eating and whilst he picked up yesterday he just looked like he'd had enough.

The vets said he likely had something going on and we could look at finding out what but it was never going to be fixable. They talked about sending him off to a cardiologist for tested and giving him an appetite stimulant but we couldn't put him through that, he was already on drugs 4 times a day.

For years I've feared him dying in a bush and us never knowing and him being alone, I used to really hope we got the chance to be with him and whilst it sucks and I miss him but it was the right thing.

Finally I feel guilty at feeling some relief. I've gone through a tough time feeling sick with anxiety if he didn't get meds in or didn't eat, we couldn't go out for the day or holiday. I've not slept all night for soooo long, recently in the last 2 or 3 years he's needed feeding every couple of hours over night and would scratch me awake, that stacks up.

But I'd have him back in a heart beat.

RIP little guy, we love you.

Soldato
The times frames of them going are both terrible and yet comforting that they both went around the same time. Not that they got on that well anyway though.

House feels lacking in life at the moment, even with a couple of young kids running round. I'll really miss having little things mooching around the house, especially Murray, he was essentially my cat and he followed me around for 15 years.

Soldato
So after losing Ruby three weeks ago we had to say goodbye to Murray as well today. I'm utterly devastated, he was my little ginger buddy who gamed with me, sat with me whilst I worked and slept on my feet at night. Had him for 15 years from 10 weeks old and we don't know where the time has gone.

He was diagnosed with heart failure 6 years ago and they gave him 3 months, 15 months ago he was losing weight and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism then September last year he had a couple of seizures. He was on a cocktail of drugs and was ok, everything was controlled but his weight loss continued. He was a naturally big long cat and at his prime was 8kg, he was down to 5kg three weeks ago. At the weekend he basically stopped eating and whilst he picked up yesterday he just looked like he'd had enough.

The vets said he likely had something going on and we could look at finding out what but it was never going to be fixable. They talked about sending him off to a cardiologist for tested and giving him an appetite stimulant but we couldn't put him through that, he was already on drugs 4 times a day.

For years I've feared him dying in a bush and us never knowing and him being alone, I used to really hope we got the chance to be with him and whilst it sucks and I miss him but it was the right thing.

Finally I feel guilty at feeling some relief. I've gone through a tough time feeling sick with anxiety if he didn't get meds in or didn't eat, we couldn't go out for the day or holiday. I've not slept all night for soooo long, recently in the last 2 or 3 years he's needed feeding every couple of hours over night and would scratch me awake, that stacks up.

But I'd have him back in a heart beat.

RIP little guy, we love you.
I feel for your loss -We had our Holly put to sleep a few years ago -she had cancer in the ear and although they removed it she wasn't right .
We too had the feeling of guilt -one for keeping her for so long and 2 for for taking her in.
In the end we did the right thing - You tend to keep them going for your benefit not the cats.
It took us a long time to come to terms with it even though we have lost quite a number of cats over the years.
just think of all the good times you had with your cat.

Our cat now is a light ginger who is getting on and we know that he won't outlast us which is upsetting at times -

RIP Murray

Caporegime
Trying to sleep, what are you doing human?

tqKpoc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom