Show us your kitty cats

Caporegime
z1t78hQ_d.webp

There's a Kraken on my roof!

Can't type for toffee
Don
So after losing Ruby three weeks ago we had to say goodbye to Murray as well today. I'm utterly devastated, he was my little ginger buddy who gamed with me, sat with me whilst I worked and slept on my feet at night. Had him for 15 years from 10 weeks old and we don't know where the time has gone.

He was diagnosed with heart failure 6 years ago and they gave him 3 months, 15 months ago he was losing weight and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism then September last year he had a couple of seizures. He was on a cocktail of drugs and was ok, everything was controlled but his weight loss continued. He was a naturally big long cat and at his prime was 8kg, he was down to 5kg three weeks ago. At the weekend he basically stopped eating and whilst he picked up yesterday he just looked like he'd had enough.

The vets said he likely had something going on and we could look at finding out what but it was never going to be fixable. They talked about sending him off to a cardiologist for tested and giving him an appetite stimulant but we couldn't put him through that, he was already on drugs 4 times a day.

For years I've feared him dying in a bush and us never knowing and him being alone, I used to really hope we got the chance to be with him and whilst it sucks and I miss him but it was the right thing.

Finally I feel guilty at feeling some relief. I've gone through a tough time feeling sick with anxiety if he didn't get meds in or didn't eat, we couldn't go out for the day or holiday. I've not slept all night for soooo long, recently in the last 2 or 3 years he's needed feeding every couple of hours over night and would scratch me awake, that stacks up.

But I'd have him back in a heart beat.

RIP little guy, we love you.
gutted for you mate i completely understand where you're coming from, I was the same with our dusty :(

Just remember you gave him a great life :D

Soldato
gizmo and elsa are about 6 month old now, gizmo is over shooting her in size at the moment :)

eF5yvvS.jpg

VtrzUkL.jpg

yes i need to decorate my room which will be easier now that there are no big fish tanks in the way woot.

gizmo flipping me off lol
UAWf6pV.jpg

elsa chilling out :)
liCUmAw.jpg

gizmo looking cute as hell downstairs
tblj0vH.jpg

elsa eyeing up a toy :)
7ppsHGU.jpg
yg1eNex.jpg
we got 2 cats from that litter and when we bought them they said keep in touch so we send em pics of how the cats are doing but no one else is for the rest of the litter.

their daddy was a full on ragdoll and their mummy was part bengal, they are super good natured and cuddly :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Kraken:
ZHBJJ0p.jpg

Nymph:
7w4yR6o.jpg
lOq6rHL.jpg

And the 2 pregnant cats we are fostering and their kittens:
xqiddg6.jpg
cfIlQG4.jpg
yuX9Ahw.jpg

As we are foster parents, we got to name the kitties.

One litter was 2 boys and 2 girls, so they are Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde.
The other litter was 1 boy 1 girl, so Nacho and Guac. (Guac is the one waving in the last photo)
aww so adorable im super jelly, you are doing an awesome thing fostering all of they cuties, if your were closer i would want one and give it a good home, my current black and white one is 17 year old and gets on awesome with kittens :)

Last edited:
Soldato
dad took an awesome pic of gizmo and elsa on my pc chair and its so cute i have to post it :D

they have also taking to removing keys from our keyboards and even broke one of the wee posts that stick out from the micro switches for attaching keys too on my one earlier, had to super glue my L key, the mionix zibal 60 keyboard says its rage proof but its not sneaky kitten proof lmao
sCx3vBs.jpg

Associate
My wife breeds Persian/Exotic kittens.
These are a few from the last two litters - the Blue/White bicolour is our first queen Angel - she's now retired (gave us four fantastic litters) and living the life of luxury with a lovely family in Essex...

The blue/cream tabby point boy is a kitten we fostered after his mum died in labour - I drove to Birmingham in the middle of the night to bring him home and put him on our other queen, who'd had a litter the same day.

I've lots more if anyone's interested...

Associate
This is my son's cat Jaxx (who's also our stud boy) - my son is Autistic and Jaxx really helps calm him when the world gets too much.

The other two pics are showing the popup studio I use to snap the kittens - they move very quickly and are really difficult to focus on without the extra LED light bars. This setup allows me to use my Nikon DSLR (50mm 1.4G) or the Hasselblad camera on my Oneplus 9 Pro and capture some great action shots when the kittens are being crazy...

Permabanned
This is my son's cat Jaxx (who's also our stud boy) - my son is Autistic and Jaxx really helps calm him when the world gets too much.

The other two pics are showing the popup studio I use to snap the kittens - they move very quickly and are really difficult to focus on without the extra LED light bars. This setup allows me to use my Nikon DSLR (50mm 1.4G) or the Hasselblad camera on my Oneplus 9 Pro and capture some great action shots when the kittens are being crazy...
Wow, gorgeous. We have two Bengal cats and i can't imagine our life without those cute furries. We had a little feeding problem at the beginning as there are days when we are away for about 12 hours but with the automatic cat feeder and different dry foods https://www.catfoodpoint.com/best-dry-cat-food/ it all works now. Of course they prefer to have some people around but at least they are not bored as there are two of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom