Show Us Your Motors!

Really? I have my MX5's Bridgestones set at 28psi all round. Surely 32psi would cause uneven tyre wear?

Really :p

I had Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres. They were ridiculously grippy but quite soft, so I decided 30-32PSI was a good setting for nice sharp steering and turn-in feel. I felt the car was quite sensitive to variations! No uneven wear whatsoever - I ran the tyres for about 3 years - I sold the car before I even wore them out. :)

I bought a fiesta :)

IMG_0192_zps498a5043.jpg

Our C class, which we've now had for about half a year. Moved up from my second Mondeo to this.

QnpfTyd.jpg
RAWyrSc.jpg

It went into the bodyshop last week to fix a big dent in a side panel due to a Range Rover driver opening his door a bit too vigorously at Heathrow airport. We got an A class as a courtesy car:

KNelkTh.jpg

Rubbish picture from iPhone :p I actually quite liked the drive of the A class (apart from the diesel engine) - only problem for me was that it's quite hard to see out of the back for reversing and there are a couple of cabin rattles. I'm pretty used to rattles from the Mondeo (and my first car was a Rover!) but the C class is much more refined when driving.

Nice mk2, is it Pearl Grey..? LA7U is it?

Used to have a pearl grey GTD which was awsome, aswell as three other MK2's and a 'rado.

Uhhh...it's grey for sure, aside from that I dunno, not really looked into the colour code just yet I do really like the colour, it is a bit different.

Took it for a blat around the lanes in Devon this morning as so far it's only seen motorways and dual carriageways whilst I've had it. Brilliant fun on the tiny roads, totally don't need loads of power to have fun in it which is exactly what I wanted from the Golf. It is also spot on for motorway cruising and gets good mpg and plods along happily.

Photo from today.

VnLU6hG.jpg

A proper Golf GTI! Lovely looking motors! Any plans for it?

It's a simple 8v and is just so much fun whilst not ruining my wallet at the pumps. :D

Initially I plan on cleaning and tidying it up (in that pic for example you can see a bit of missing red pinstripe) and doing some subtle mods to it. Drive it whilst doing all that then look towards handling and stopping upgrades whilst hopefully tracking it some in 2014.

Unlike the E30 this is to be a keeper, as whilst the E30 was ok, it just wasn't what I wanted from a car really.

Further down the line there may be engine transplants on the cards, but that won't be for a long while yet as I want to enjoy the current engine and learn the car properly. :cool:

It's a simple 8v and is just so much fun whilst not ruining my wallet at the pumps. :D

Initially I plan on cleaning and tidying it up (in that pic for example you can see a bit of missing red pinstripe) and doing some subtle mods to it. Drive it whilst doing all that then look towards handling and stopping upgrades whilst hopefully tracking it some in 2014.

Unlike the E30 this is to be a keeper, as whilst the E30 was ok, it just wasn't what I wanted from a car really.

Further down the line there may be engine transplants on the cards, but that won't be for a long while yet as I want to enjoy the current engine and learn the car properly. :cool:

Nice golf.

Get a 2ltr tfsi along with haldex quattro and dsg in it, would be lots of fun :D

Has the E30 gone?

Been gone about a month and I don't miss it.

Nice golf.

Get a 2ltr tfsi along with haldex quattro and dsg in it, would be lots of fun :D

Hah, I was impressed to see that it isn't a horrific amount of work to fit modern engines like the TSI/TFSI but the engine is way off in my plans for now, handling and stopping first (although it does handle and stop so much better than the E30 which isn't very surprising really).

Back
Top Bottom