Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
For some reason I'm getting the itch to turbo the 2ZZ GE Corolla. After the 320+ Glanza is done.

Rods in the Toyota Yamaha 2ZZ are made to be boosted, they are H beam! Just need to shave the pistons :eek: and lower the compression ratio down. Had the sump off earlier and it's like a more efficient Honda K series. Forged H beam rod's as standard. :D

Caporegime
For some reason I'm getting the itch to turbo the 2ZZ GE Corolla. After the 320+ Glanza is done.

Rods in the Toyota Yamaha 2ZZ are made to be boosted, they are H beam! Just need to shave the pistons :eek: and lower the compression ratio down. Had the sump off earlier and it's like a more efficient Honda K series. Forged H beam rod's as standard. :D

Don't open the engine, don't turbo it, stick a Rotrex kit on it. ;)

Associate
Don't open the engine, don't turbo it, stick a Rotrex kit on it. ;)
The rod's are that thick that they can take turbo easy, that's why they made the compressor lol. 220 Bhp stock, which is pathetic for the size of the rods.
The 5E,FTHE can take 1.4 BAR of boost, I recon the 2ZZ rods can take up to 1.8 Bar if the compression ratio is right.

Either way it's a long way off as I'm just about to get my 5E block setup for 320 BHP.

ankhsh.jpg

315ju4j.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That's because you never washed them!!

I certainly understand the running costs though. For those lucky enough to be able to do it themselves, it really does keep the costs down. If you have to rely on garages/other people I'm sure it can get expensive very quickly? Do you know what the new owner has planned for the GT4, will it live on?

Seat looks good, do these have the same engine as the Golf R?

Yeah @agw_01 and because I kerbed a few of them :eek:

The gt4 will live on, I think the new person is going to tidy it up and sort the paintwork out. Still showing as SORN so must be an ongoing thing, just glad it had found a new home.

Cost of running etc did not get too of hand but there was no way my better half was going to drive it and sell her car so it had to go as the cost of the new one is flat to keeping two cars.

The engine is a slightly detuned version of the S3 and R engine with 290 ps and 280 lbft, with fwd only and the DSG I don't feel I am missing any speed, just some all weather tractability:)

Soldato
Mega spec, hope it wasn't too outrageously costly!

I do really fancy one on these... Although earlier today I saw a stage 2 bbr MK3 MX-5 up for 15k :o I would be very tempted if I weren't trying to buy a flat :(

It was a lot more than I initially planned to spend but finding one in this condition was difficult so had to I increase the budget :o I doubt that it'll depreciate really!

I did see that, white one right? Mental spec that thing!

Back
Top Bottom