1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Us Your Motors!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Lopéz, 18 Oct 2002.

1. grudas

Capodecina

S2000 looking good @Gibbo

I took mine out to a show yesterday.

[​IMG]

2. mid_gen

Capodecina

Been out and about in it this weekend...I've been surprised at the amount of attention it gets! Lots of people in car parks stopping and peering at the badge.

3. Vigoro

Mobster

Yeah first one, did have a look at an Alpine A110 as well but it just didn't feel right as a weekend car, almost a bit too refined.

I have got a surprising amount of confidence in it already, which I am not sure is a good thing :D

4. mjt

Capodecina

Haha I had that, except with the Elise. I just sat in one and it was enough to say no for the impractical weekend car. I could commute in it, so what’s the point? :p

What amazes me with the Caterham is the grip and control. These cars are just so well balanced and poised. Massive fun at sensible speeds and more than quick enough without losing your licence (for too long) or killing yourself at 200mph.

Elise is a manual though and that’s half the fun. Heel and toe, rev matching, throttle blipping. Adds to the experience :D

5. ChrisD.

Caporegime

Mine and @DRZ's M's at Caffeine and Machine on Saturday.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Sep 2021
  6. adam cool dude

Capodecina

Needs some evergreen 4 in 1 on that grass. Jesus.

7. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

Indeed, It's so pixelated.

8. Mal X

Sgarrista

and it's not even been a hot summer

9. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

It’s hot when cars come and go parked on it :cry:

10. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

No fair, @ChrisD. Sneaky edit :p

11. randomshenans

Capodecina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In it's natural habitat... :cry: I have to laugh, otherwise I'd probably cry haha engine went on the way up the mountain pass. My oil and internals of the engine are all over the road there... and for about 300m for that matter. Known issue on those short block 3.0 SDV6s... tick tick BOOM! As it went so nicely when the crank decided to exit the engine!

Anyone have a spare engine for a RR? I don't fancy the 10k bill this is looking like it'll be! :eek:

Least I have this beast to drive on the daily! :D

[​IMG]

12. Dyson

Soldato

@randomshenans A sad sight

Is that the fire brigade out in force?

13. randomshenans

Capodecina

Police and fire brigade! Mountain roads covered in oil is never a good mix. I'm waiting for that bill in the post, too! I was in Switzerland at the time, so they were of course very efficient.

14. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

Cheezus H Christ, 10K, thats a big bill!

15. sigma

Capodecina

Any news on the third garage? You’re going to need more than 3 surely :p

16. Gibbo

Commissario

Gets built in a few weeks. :)

17. adam cool dude

Capodecina

Like they say in Australia if you want to go into the outback buy a Range Rover. If you want to come back buy a Land Cruiser ;)

18. mjt

Capodecina

Oh my. So much for the cheapest RRS in France. No warranty?

19. randomshenans

Capodecina

Ha quite, but at the same time covid has been kind to the resale price on these as it has with many cars, so even sinking 10k into it, it'd still be worth more at present than my costs, which is rare. No warranty but I am trying my luck with JLR at the moment. Have been chatting with them the last couple of days so will see what comes of that.

20. Gaygle

Capodecina

Looks like a lovely example. The squared exhausts are from the Black Series so it's either had a Black Series exhaust added (unlikely as it'd cost approximately £3billion), or it's had square tips added and the rear diffuser possibly adapted? Mine's got the performance pack too and it's really fast. Think it's pushing around 500bhp. What tyres has it got on at the moment? I've got PS4S on mine and it grips very well indeed.

Also, I feel like I should say this as most C63 owners have little to no taste, but pleaseeeee don't get the wheels sprayed black, along with the headlights, and rear lights, and all the trim, and the windows tinted, and the numberplate tinted, and the exhausts. Because it looks **** :p