Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato

Liking it Amit! Looks standard and that can't be right for you?

Hope you are enjoying NZ, seems a fair few years ago we were dismantling a Clio 16v on your driveway!

Soldato
As the MG GS is about to go back at the end of its six month lease, I have bought its replacement - a Lexus IS250 SE:

8B1OqJn.jpg

63yDwwf.jpg

AMdGjCZ.jpg

Had it for a week and I'm very happy! I've replaced the number plates as it had the original ones on which were worn and the wheels will be refurbished next week

Soldato
As the MG GS is about to go back at the end of its six month lease, I have bought its replacement - a Lexus IS250 SE:
Had it for a week and I'm very happy! I've replaced the number plates as it had the original ones on which were worn and the wheels will be refurbished next week

What's it like on the motorway and general acceleration? I've considered one but always felt like it'd be too slow/cumbersome.

Soldato
What's it like on the motorway and general acceleration? I've considered one but always felt like it'd be too slow/cumbersome.

It’s pretty good actually. It’s not a fast car (8.1 sec to 60) but it’s responsive. It makes a nice noise and goes well enough if you flaw it. It doesn’t have any trouble keeping up to speed on the motorway either

I have the manual version - I have never driven the automatic so couldn’t comment on how that feels!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
IMG_0044.jpg
Love the towing jobby :p

Must've cost a pretty penny down in NZ? Looks lush though :D

Soldato

8B1OqJn.jpg
Are u the guy that was paying crazy money to lease that MG after giving one back because it was faulty? :D
Lexus looks nice I like the colour with the cream interior. Even though it’s older it surely feels like an upgrade?
Do u mind me asking how much you got it for? I’ve considered the is250 many times as nice examples can be had for 3-4K but the worry of potential big bills and Lexus parts costs has always put me off.

Soldato
Very similar to my old Mark X, pretty stout engines only have minor issues like vvti gear rattle on startup for a second, and DI related coking. Drives nice, lacks torque from the bottom but you can't expect much from a small NA unit, pulls well up top though and good sound. I had the automatic, wouldn't consider a manual at all in a car of this type tbh, it isn't sporty.

Soldato
Liking it Amit! Looks standard and that can't be right for you?

Hope you are enjoying NZ, seems a fair few years ago we were dismantling a Clio 16v on your driveway!

Hey mate - I had the cats taken out and the valves disabled the first day I got it so it's not totally stock (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYASRWp74V0&sns=em) ! I'd still have a Clio 16v in a heartbeat for the track if there were any down here.

mjt: I knew someone would pick up on that :D - 80% of cars here seem to have a towbar; many unsuspecting.. Saw an F10 M5 with one earlier today!

Soldato
Very similar to my old Mark X, pretty stout engines only have minor issues like vvti gear rattle on startup for a second, and DI related coking. Drives nice, lacks torque from the bottom but you can't expect much from a small NA unit, pulls well up top though and good sound. I had the automatic, wouldn't consider a manual at all in a car of this type tbh, it isn't sporty.

what did your insurance class it as? I've seen a few on ebay for sale and I love them to bits.. but insurance can't find it on the database and class it as toyota camry 2.5 I believe.

Associate
Finally sorted out a new car for my girlfriend. After swapping the E39 540i for an Exige we needed something a little more practical.

Out with the old:

chZDjPs.jpg

2.0TSi Scirocco with a good number of options. Listed for sale on Thursday evening and sold on Saturday with a token £100 off asking, all in £2k better than WBAC's pre-haggle offer.

In with the new:

SktUgH8.png
UWVcWBU.png

Huge spec:

Auto
Professional media and navigation
Harmon kardon
PDC front and back with reverse camera
Adaptive M suspension
Adaptive LED lights
Tinted rear windows
Folding mirrors
Heated seats
Folding seats
Cruise control
Comfort access

On top of the standard bits (leather, climate etc.)

Little bit of an upgrade for her and bloody quick, likely leave my Exige for dead until we hit a corner.

Think we've now got a near perfect 2 car garage! (Especially as I've got a CBR600F for the commute!)

Back
Top Bottom