Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Ok just for you I'm uploading a video.

Yeah the car really does wonders on track. It's like anything, you have to be aware of it's weakness'. Steering is really incredible on the new Astons imo. Car gave me no issues on track either, which can't be said for other cars I've had (GTR), which is embarassing really. I'm not one to pose around with my cars as many "perfomance SUV" destractors would believe is owners do. I can go to Waitrose, drive to a shoot, get the dogs in the car, drive cross country loaded up or go on track, all in one car. Pretty wide breathd of abilities imo.

I drove a V12 DB11 recently too (pre AMR), so no suspension tweaks and less power. Loved the V12 but really struggled to put the power down, ended up feeling like a nice car to cruise in (which it is), rather than something to sling around, which I guess is exactly the point of the DB11 I guess. I'm having a DBS on loan next week so that will be interesting as they are more focussed. Although Im secretly waiting for the V12 vantage and potentially the new Vanquish if they do decide to go down the mid engine V6 route.

Thankfully track conditions were perfect, dry, 11c with a little sun and some wind, so dry tarmac and of course not been my car the TC was on but it was OK out of tighter corners using either 2nd or 3rd, not much difference really due to torque on offer.
The biggest let down was the 570S, I've driven them before so was not totally surprised, the steering, handling is all so perfect, but the engine is just such a let down, the paddles seemed somewhat uninvolving too, very capable, but somewhat devoid of fun factor, just very fast, but again TC on, so maybe its a different animal in suicide mode. A real shame because it just makes me think if they had plonked an NA V6 or V8 in them they could be so perfect. Sometimes you can accept a not totally perfect car because its a great all rounder, but the Mclaren engine to me is just a huge let down, but so many people buy cars these days just because its fast, I buy a car more for the feel and interaction. It is a shame because I think 720S looks insane, the performance is also insane but just not for me. It is too late now but I think it Mclaren could have offered say something like a 470S and plonked in an NA or SC V6 or V8 with same or less weight than a 570S with manual or paddles it would have been epic, Lotus have stepped up with Emira let us just hope that Lotus don't mess it up.

Caporegime
Yes Porsche has the biggest bubble to go pop, insane prices right now, hopefully around Jan-Feb they might soften a bit but once Spring/Summer hits can see prices rocketing north again and the clock is ticking, fun cars be a thing of the past soon.

I broke even on mine after 4 years of ownership. Crazy.

Soldato
Thankfully track conditions were perfect, dry, 11c with a little sun and some wind, so dry tarmac and of course not been my car the TC was on but it was OK out of tighter corners using either 2nd or 3rd, not much difference really due to torque on offer.
The biggest let down was the 570S, I've driven them before so was not totally surprised, the steering, handling is all so perfect, but the engine is just such a let down, the paddles seemed somewhat uninvolving too, very capable, but somewhat devoid of fun factor, just very fast, but again TC on, so maybe its a different animal in suicide mode. A real shame because it just makes me think if they had plonked an NA V6 or V8 in them they could be so perfect. Sometimes you can accept a not totally perfect car because its a great all rounder, but the Mclaren engine to me is just a huge let down, but so many people buy cars these days just because its fast, I buy a car more for the feel and interaction. It is a shame because I think 720S looks insane, the performance is also insane but just not for me. It is too late now but I think it Mclaren could have offered say something like a 470S and plonked in an NA or SC V6 or V8 with same or less weight than a 570S with manual or paddles it would have been epic, Lotus have stepped up with Emira let us just hope that Lotus don't mess it up.

Yeah Mclarens don't do it for me. The new GT seems like the car the NSX should have been in terms of practicality but man they all sound so bad. Interior on the regular 570S seems Lotus/kit car like too. Not sure they are for me. Im sure they are objectively and technically incredible cars but I buy my cars based on how they make me feel rather than what the fastest/best specs/performance is.

OcUK Staff

That has got solid minerals, properly quick 60-100mph! Also sounds sweet but Mercedes probably have the best sounding turbo motors as I think they put the turbo's in a different location to not kill the sound too much and Aston know how to tune the sound.

Yeah Mclarens don't do it for me. The new GT seems like the car the NSX should have been in terms of practicality but man they all sound so bad. Interior on the regular 570S seems Lotus/kit car like too. Not sure they are for me. Im sure they are objectively and technically incredible cars but I buy my cars based on how they make me feel rather than what the fastest/best specs/performance is.

The same! Faster is not better always! All that matters is how it makes you feel.

Soldato
That has got solid minerals, properly quick 60-100mph! Also sounds sweet but Mercedes probably have the best sounding turbo motors as I think they put the turbo's in a different location to not kill the sound too much and Aston know how to tune the sound

Yep! This has the sports exhuats too which is a permant increase in sound as the stock system has a exhaust flap which opens in Sport & Sport+.

Im driving in "individual" mode here with everything set as agressive as possible. The only reason I didn't choose Sport+, is that it disables traction control. So for my first time taking a car the price of a house around a track, I thought it would make sense to leave it on :p

OcUK Staff
Yep! This has the sports exhuats too which is a permant increase in sound as the stock system has a exhaust flap which opens in Sport & Sport+.

Im driving in "individual" mode here with everything set as agressive as possible. The only reason I didn't choose Sport+, is that it disables traction control. So for my first time taking a car the price of a house around a track, I thought it would make sense to leave it on :p

Wise, especially considering how often it was flashing at you, seems a good system as it was not pulling power, so no doubt just grabbing an individual brake or doing something with the differential no doubt. I'd advise finding a track with more run off before turning off, then if it goes wrong well your still in a 4x4 so it should be fairly decent off the black stuff too. :D

Soldato
Wise, especially considering how often it was flashing at you, seems a good system as it was not pulling power, so no doubt just grabbing an individual brake or doing something with the differential no doubt. I'd advise finding a track with more run off before turning off, then if it goes wrong well your still in a 4x4 so it should be fairly decent off the black stuff too. :D

Yeah it wasn’t too bad, no noticeable tugs of power unlike the C63 when that TCS kicked in.

I’ve done the NSX with no TCS on track and it’s fine but different caliber of car and that was in the summer.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
my golf gti has gone , I need a boot I could actually fit all my fishing gear in

welcome my new skoda (getting its gtechniq stuff)..petrol dsg

51672950012_75c470fc28_b.jpg

Associate
my golf gti has gone , I need a boot I could actually fit all my fishing gear in

welcome my new skoda (getting its gtechniq stuff)..petrol dsg
Is that a very fancy mechanic's garage or is that actually yours? It looks awesome either way. Nice car choice too:)

Back
Top Bottom