Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
RX7 looks amazing, been up for awhile.

RE the paint, it's plausible that it's had a restoration over in Japan. Hard to say without looking up that close. You will get overspray from the factory but does look excessive (nuts and bolts are coated in paint when normally these are fitted post paint).

Honestly, if you're serious about these cars and intend to use them now and again then buying on condition is key, not originality. As long as the paint is to a good standard, who cares. The shell is mint and rot free. Also, JDM paint is shocking anyway lol

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I know little about JDM imports, but that overspray surely cannot be factory? I have never seen paint like that on any car ever?

Caporegime
Depends on when it was built. This is a genuine factory paint job on a Dodge Daytona made from 1984-1993.

Not saying the OPs car is genuine factory paint job but its possible from its age.

That is an American car. The Japanese have a far higher standard of manufacture. My Celica GT-Four is of the same Era and was less than 50k miles when imported and wasn't like that.

Soldato
Back from the big 5 year service.

51689633445_3a3cd4ceb5_h.jpg

OcUK Staff
Lovely shots @NathWraith the black with bright wheels contrast so well!

My arty photo game is not as on point as yours but with such beautiful Autumn colours and a bright blue sky, it is a Lotus day and grabbed a few pictures before setting out:

E1.jpg e6.jpg e7.jpg

Actually managed to get some heat into the cup 2's this morning, bloody hell, it is the brakes, they are organ re-arranging they are so damn good!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
One of the few cars in the sea of greyscale choices that actually suits silver IMO. Think Iceman had one last time he posted, looked great in the bright sun.

It's a shame Honda dropped the ball with the current NSX and aren't keeping their foot in with that segment. Maybe because it is an American designed & built car that they couldn't price it more competitively, guess it was a failed initiative to have a successful truly North American Supercar. Soon to be a modern classic though.

Soldato
Lovely shots @NathWraith the black with bright wheels contrast so well!

Yep an underated colour combo imo. Exige is loooking sweet too.

Love that duckbill spoiler on the NSX.

Fair, but atleast its got a reason for that. That pointy one does looks odd and offers no flow into any lines, not in the pictures atleast.

Fitted that ducktail myself too! Yeah in a perfect world I wouldn't run a front plate but last time I got pulled the police officer asked if I had a brother with a yellow Supra :cry:

One of the few cars in the sea of greyscale choices that actually suits silver IMO. Think Iceman had one last time he posted, looked great in the bright sun.

It's a shame Honda dropped the ball with the current NSX and aren't keeping their foot in with that segment. Maybe because it is an American designed & built car that they couldn't price it more competitively, guess it was a failed initiative to have a successful truly North American Supercar. Soon to be a modern classic though.

I know, they could have done so much more, the Type S was a let down really. I would have loved a targa/vert NC1 NSX, that would have been incredible alas. Too expensive & too much hype around release.

Back
Top Bottom