Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Still repping the American scene

American cars / trucks are installed in me for some reason. From my first Chevy back in 2015 i have had a few others since. Recently got this Z06 which after a few Supercars that i have owned this really surprised me how good it is for the cost. It really suits me, my driving style and what i enjoy about cars. My Ferrari 458 was beautiful with its curves etc, but for me this is more me.. Straght lines, wide arches, it has a muscle car feel while carrying itself further. I have only had it a few weeks and it needs a set of tyres as they are original and well passed it. So traction is fun, the box is a little old and slow but you soon learn to drive around it. Supposedly will do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. 650bhp and 900 nm torques. They take to modifications well too, a new intake system might yield 40bhp, which after having Nasp performance cars for years is just bonkers

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

Then we have my Chevy Silverado, was a collectors car in the states who needed a few quid in 2018 and sent it to auction. It got bought by somebody here and had two owners since. 51k miles from new, the underside is like new, the whole car is original paintwork and is probably one of the best examples in the UK. I will never sell this car. It’s wrapped up in a carcoon in my workshop at the moment.

Love them both! C7 Vettes are the best looking hands down! Just be weary of the handling as at the limit they are quite spikey. Americans and their 0-60 testing is well you’ll struggle but on a hot day with the tyres sticky it will be close but for me the fun with American cars is not the performance, it’s just the whole look, feel and sound they give and the fact your never worried about any potential big bills as compared to European supercars they cost a fraction to buy and run, apart from fuel consumption though your Z06 won’t be any worse than a 458 as you’ll know. :)

Soldato
Love them both! C7 Vettes are the best looking hands down! Just be weary of the handling as at the limit they are quite spikey. Americans and their 0-60 testing is well you’ll struggle but on a hot day with the tyres sticky it will be close but for me the fun with American cars is not the performance, it’s just the whole look, feel and sound they give and the fact your never worried about any potential big bills as compared to European supercars they cost a fraction to buy and run, apart from fuel consumption though your Z06 won’t be any worse than a 458 as you’ll know. :)

Cheers Gibbo, coming from a 458 the interior of the Vette is a let down only the leather quality really and obviously the driving position and seats in the 458 were better but what you said is spot on, the look, feel, noise and everything about yank stuff is really spot on. Its hard to put a finger on it all but its a great package. It is a bit of a weapon though the rear tyres are dead as i say and its actually hilarious just to take it out and give it a boot full as its pretty much sideways everywhere. I'm just hoping with better tyres and in the summer it has a bit more traction available to inspire confidence like the 458's r8's etc...
Somebody on the Z06 group had his tuned with a intake and it made 613 whp and 617 wheel torques, the torque it made from 2k rpm was 500ftlb peaking at 3.5k rpm and tailing back to 500ftlb at redline (6.7k) Which is why its a handful and makes you giggle like a kid

Man of Honour
6qdyDVH.jpg

A different angle and looking sorry for itself, parked amongst the bins at my mums in a very wet Devon over Christmas. Back home now but did a fast run down and fast run back with lots of popping and banging.

OcUK Staff
Had to go for a drive with the roof off, two things:
- Easily the loudest car I own
- The noise is so tuneful and glorious

C8AF9054-04B9-49E1-A8EA-80084FF8DBFA.jpeg 04C69693-9C2D-403C-8575-1F31633E6C6A.jpeg

The cup tyres though better don’t inspire confidence in such conditions but the car is a real joy to drive and bustling with feel, cannot wait for Summer and some dry track days to proper push the car.

Associate
You look like you are getting half decent blue skies up there. Kent has decided the only colour is grey and drizzly/torrential rain for the last couple of weeks :mad:

Orange is a very good colour for the Exige.

Permabanned
The sun finally came out again today :D

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

Soldato
Impressive cars here. Not posted in the car section for avery long time. Got an M2 these days, nothing compared to what is here. A glorified 2 series.

Will post pictures at some point.

Soldato
Picked up the 4C replacement this morning!

2ImKjSsh.jpg
mcl7ERnh.jpg
Gyc3BAnh.jpg
IPBDj6Rh.jpg
myF4doxh.jpg
E3Tt2Juh.jpg

981 GT4 in Carmine Red. 918 Buckets and all the carbon & leather. Really, all of it even leather air vents and leather fuse box!
Still getting used to it but the tactility and overall quality of the car is incredible. Definitely not as fast or direct as the Alfa, but a different kind of fun and involvement. Great service from Porsche Swindon, one thing I will say is Porsche ACTUALLY prep their cars. Doesn’t feel so bad paying a bit more money when you know it’s had 5k of Cup2, paint service and pads just to get it ready. And of course warranty and breakdown on top.

I did originally set out for a 570s but getting track insurance without a garage was basically impossible, and personally I don’t want to own a car like that and just use it on the road.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Picked up the 4C replacement this morning!

RE7t6m7h.jpg.png
hCMOYaHh.jpg.png
2ImKjSsh.jpg
mcl7ERnh.jpg
Gyc3BAnh.jpg
IPBDj6Rh.jpg
myF4doxh.jpg
E3Tt2Juh.jpg

981 GT4 in Carmine Red. 918 Buckets and all the carbon & leather. Really, all of it even leather air vents and leather fuse box!
Still getting used to it but the tactility and overall quality of the car is incredible. Definitely not as fast or direct as the Alfa, but a different kind of fun and involvement. Great service from Porsche Swindon, one thing I will say is Porsche ACTUALLY prep their cars. Doesn’t feel so bad paying a bit more money when you know it’s had 5k of Cup2, paint service and pads just to get it ready. And of course warranty and breakdown on top.

I did originally set out for a 570s but getting track insurance without a garage was basically impossible, and personally I don’t want to own a car like that and just use it on the road.

Love it, silver wheels really set it off.
On the Exige the cup 2’s can be lethal so be careful.

Back
Top Bottom