Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
I had a Mk2 Fiesta and a very rare one too. I even remember getting into a brief tiff with a Ford worker who told me I was wrong, they never made one of those until I showed him they did...

Mine was Mk2 Fiesta Ghia 1.3 CVH

They ran the 1.3 for only a few months, they all became 1.4's but said Ford worker was all "you must be mistaken, it can't have been a 1.3 CVH Fiesta Ghia they were 1.1 and 1.4".

Learned him gooooood.

Caporegime
I had a Mk2 Fiesta and a very rare one too. I even remember getting into a brief tiff with a Ford worker who told me I was wrong, they never made one of those until I showed him they did...

Mine was Mk2 Fiesta Ghia 1.3 CVH

They ran the 1.3 for only a few months, they all became 1.4's but said Ford worker was all "you must be mistaken, it can't have been a 1.3 CVH Fiesta Ghia they were 1.1 and 1.4".

Learned him gooooood.

Probably couldn't tell between the 1.3 xflow boat engine and the CVH which is on brand for a Ford employee.

Man of Honour
Probably couldn't tell between the 1.3 xflow boat engine and the CVH which is on brand for a Ford employee.
It was on PH and he was telling me is MUST have been a 1.3xflow and a Mk1 because they never did a 1.3 CVH Mk2.

To give him credit he did realise he was wrong and apologise. He'd not fit in around these parts :D

Soldato
Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Thank you!

shame to see it go Gibbo but glad it sold! facebook market place is a bit of a mess.

I'll go sit in the naughty corner.

Problem with social media, they all live in la la land. See it all the time on GR Yaris groups, people posting requesting cancelled orders but then getting mighty upset when the dealer wants 37-40k or when somebody wants 34-36k for a used one with a few thousand miles. Collecting cars sold one with 6k miles last week for £35,600 +6% so no owner is just gonna give away a car below the going rate.

S2000 groups were no better, fact is cars are shooting up, you only have to look where have all the good cars from the 90's gone, stuff a few years ago you'd get for peanuts, now even shockingly bad rusty examples sell for more than good ones did a few years back. Some say world has gone mad, bubble gonna burst, simple reality is cars like the S2000 will never exist again and so people are looking for good clean examples. I had loads of messages from FB, mainly asking about the Ohlins, got the same when I listed the wheels at £1500, your crazy, for me well I have the only set in the UK for sale in spotless condition with new tyres, I am not a charity, they sold just after Christmas at asking.

Do you know if the ultra low mile S2k that is been auctioned at 55-65k actually sold or has it not been auctioned yet?

Took the S2000 for its MOT yesterday (part of deal), passed fine, no advisories, only issue they could find was drivers headlight was out of adjustment so they sorted it on the spot.

P.S. Also noticed every single one of my cars have increased in value on WBAC already, still a bit to go to reach the Summer trade values, apart from the Aston which has gone up beyond Summer trade values now.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Problem with social media, they all live in la la land. See it all the time on GR Yaris groups, people posting requesting cancelled orders but then getting mighty upset when the dealer wants 37-40k or when somebody wants 34-36k for a used one with a few thousand miles. Collecting cars sold one with 6k miles last week for £35,600 +6% so no owner is just gonna give away a car below the going rate.

S2000 groups were no better, fact is cars are shooting up, you only have to look where have all the good cars from the 90's gone, stuff a few years ago you'd get for peanuts, now even shockingly bad rusty examples sell for more than good ones did a few years back. Some say world has gone mad, bubble gonna burst, simple reality is cars like the S2000 will never exist again and so people are looking for good clean examples. I had loads of messages from FB, mainly asking about the Ohlins, got the same when I listed the wheels at £1500, your crazy, for me well I have the only set in the UK for sale in spotless condition with new tyres, I am not a charity, they sold just after Christmas at asking.

Do you know if the ultra low mile S2k that is been auctioned at 55-65k actually sold or has it not been auctioned yet?

Took the S2000 for its MOT yesterday (part of deal), passed fine, no advisories, only issue they could find was drivers headlight was out of adjustment so they sorted it on the spot.

P.S. Also noticed every single one of my cars have increased in value on WBAC already, still a bit to go to reach the Summer trade values, apart from the Aston which has gone up beyond Summer trade values now.

no no no keep the Aston regardless

OcUK Staff
no no no keep the Aston regardless

The Aston is not for sale, just every month or so curiosity gets better of me and I use WBAC / Cazoo to value the cars, WBAC seems up across the board this week. This Spring/Summer could be interesting can see certain cars going up a lot, also feel some cars, cough certain Porsches could be due to pop, but there again they just might keep going. A lot of buyers around at moment, the whole new generation of competitions is also helping cars sell as I see social media is now swamped by car competition give-aways to the point their seems too many but the tickets seem to sell.

Permabanned
The Aston is not for sale, just every month or so curiosity gets better of me and I use WBAC / Cazoo to value the cars, WBAC seems up across the board this week. This Spring/Summer could be interesting can see certain cars going up a lot, also feel some cars, cough certain Porsches could be due to pop, but there again they just might keep going. A lot of buyers around at moment, the whole new generation of competitions is also helping cars sell as I see social media is now swamped by car competition give-aways to the point their seems too many but the tickets seem to sell.

await the GT3 RS then :)

OcUK Staff
await the GT3 RS then :)

That is the plan if the Lotus's don't do it for me come Summer then will probably sell them both, hopefully make a few quid whilst doing so and hunt down a purple gen1 GT3 RS with silver wheels with all the go faster stickers. :D
I also said it was my dream car and always wanted one, just the 458 became a good spanner in the works.

But we shall see as one thing I really love about the Lotus and be same with new one, both have 3yr warranty and 3yr servicing inclusive but they are cars that never give me any fear of them potentially throwing a big bill whereas the 458 and a GT3 can drop massive bills, though a Porsche under OPC warranty not so bad as the warranty is a lot better than Ferrari Power warranty which covers not much at all.

Permabanned
That is the plan if the Lotus's don't do it for me come Summer then will probably sell them both, hopefully make a few quid whilst doing so and hunt down a purple gen1 GT3 RS with silver wheels with all the go faster stickers. :D
I also said it was my dream car and always wanted one, just the 458 became a good spanner in the works.

But we shall see as one thing I really love about the Lotus and be same with new one, both have 3yr warranty and 3yr servicing inclusive but they are cars that never give me any fear of them potentially throwing a big bill whereas the 458 and a GT3 can drop massive bills, though a Porsche under OPC warranty not so bad as the warranty is a lot better than Ferrari Power warranty which covers not much at all.

to me the push of the GT3 RS something fizzes and keeps fizzing if you know what i mean.

that engine, that complete package so engaging , that styling, yeh they got it all right in the end lol.

Back
Top Bottom