Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
BMW M3 Competition (F80). 1 week in and very happy with it. Already feels like a good step up from the M2, although I will miss the sound of the M2, especially on cold start.

Absolutely love the San Marino Blue colour, just need a bit of sun and dry roads. :)

Will take some more scenic photos when the weather improves.

Interior photos, believe me I now keep leather cleaner and a microfibre in the boot. :o

Very nice. Like the colour & I'm coming round to the idea of a lighter interior rather than the black I've always had.

I'm tentatively looking at an M3 or M4 to replace my current 430D. Slim pickings at the moment for one I actually like with the options I want & what I want to pay
In no rush though as the 430 is hardly a bad car for a daily drive

Soldato
Great colour, spec?

I have light leather in mine, having had black leather in an E92 for 8 years it's a welcome change. As is extended leather dash!

Had it about 6 weeks now and still getting to grips with it, enjoy :cool:

Cheers. Hope you enjoy yours as well.

Yeah first time I’ve ever had a light interior, must say I really like it, I drove one with a black interior and it just felt a little drab in comparison. Whereas the M2 had blue stitching, alcantara and quite unique looking bare carbon fibre, it just worked well in that car. The M3 silverstone leather is nice though, I see the photos make it look more cream where as in person it almost has a very light grey/bright white tint to it.

It is missing the extended leather dash, but it seemed a very rare option on the cars I saw advertised. Only saw a couple with it, usually on a black car with black seats. But I agree it’s a very desirable option.

In terms of spec, pretty well kitted out, Harman Kardon audio, heads up display, heated steering wheel + seats, the later iDrive software (same as M2 had) as it’s a 2018, park assist + reverse camera + 360 degree cameras, privacy glass. Everything else is standard M3 competition spec I believe - carbon roof, the m coloured seat belts etc.

Man of Honour
@Blackhawk47 throw a M Performance Exhaust on it, you won't be complaining about cold starts being quiet then. Although the £3.5k price tag for a new one isn't exactly cheap.

I spent ages trying to find one with the leather dash, it was an extremely rare option.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a full convert to lighter interiors now, I didn't realise how gloomy things were previously. That said, I still can't deal with rich chocolatey brown interiors, like you find in Ferraris etc. A step to far for me.

I also wouldn't be too bothered about not having a leather dash, it's nice to have for about 10mins and then you forget it's there. Likewise the alcantara headliner. These things stand out more on options lists than they do in reality.

Associate
I thought I'd share my latest purchase to you all.

273814067_10159846329843256_5332951404063742459_n.jpg

Hope you find it as resplendent as I do.

And a bonus pic of my other car.

77408061_10157790377403256_1769101023541985280_n.jpg

Soldato
Nice @Blackhawk47
I do prefer a lighter interior, but you’re right, have stuff at the ready for dark scuffs.

Best external colour too.

It’s no Diesel TT though is it? :p

Haha, no but I should have kept it - would save me thousands on fuel per year. :D

Excellent choice @Blackhawk47 and you've got all the most desirable spec there. I'm also a light interior guy although I've got the Opal white in mine...in need of a good clean at the moment!

Thanks mate, looking forward to actually driving it properly and getting used to it. Every time I’ve been out so far it’s either wet, or immediately get stuck behind other cars/lorries at the moment. But it feels very capable.

Back
Top Bottom