Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
New car day for me. Defender D300 HSE X-Dynamic. So it’s the new straight 6 diesel with the ZF 8 speed and a twin speed transfer box.
Pangea green, Kahki interior, heated cooled seats, upgraded 11.4” screen.

Bit of a strange day as was really looking forward to showing this to my dad as he was excited about it when I told him I ordered one and he had a Discovery 1 and I think wore the jacket he got with it for about 15 years. Unfortunately he passed away last month so I’ve been less interested in collection that I would have been :( (bit of sharing there which is rare for me)…

Real surprise as nothing on the build slot
I selected suggested 7 seats but it is which is great for some flexibility and can take us all and my Mum for days out.

OudKhFJ.jpg
gwAYXYm.jpg
bcsVbKO.jpg
nCN6CU8.jpg
SD8P685.jpg

v5etYKt.jpg
663qPzB.jpg ZxYqQe8.jpg
KRfXqUb.jpg

pWJHYpg.jpg
RFNqNAT.jpg
With the wife’s Mini there - which we will keep for now,I’ll see how she gets on driving it as she’s used to the IPACE now :cry:

Condolences mate, I think with time you may begin to cherish it knowing your father would have loved it. Never easy all I can say is time helps but it takes time and it’s the kind of loss you never fully recover from.

Associate
Got rid of my M4 Competition after 4 months (In October) as was offered a price I couldn't refuse.

Followed that up with an immaculate E46 330i Manual, which lasted 2 months until that was also flipped.

Now ended up in a TT-RS which I am over the moon with! :)

1200352.jpg

Soldato
I don’t think anyone will disagree that it looks better, but I do think that anyone actually driving on a UK road like that should put their bloody plate back on like the rest of us have to.

This. Not worth the hassle. I ran plateless for 2 years before I got pulled, and then got pulled again(had my plate in the car so could attach it there and then.) so thought better of it after that. As much as they do spoil the lines, you are asking for unwanted police attention sadly. Which this forum does not like.

Associate
I don’t think anyone will disagree that it looks better, but I do think that anyone actually driving on a UK road like that should put their bloody plate back on like the rest of us have to.
This. Not worth the hassle. I ran plateless for 2 years before I got pulled, and then got pulled again(had my plate in the car so could attach it there and then.) so thought better of it after that. As much as they do spoil the lines, you are asking for unwanted police attention sadly. Which this forum does not like.

I do have a magnetic mount in there still which gets used when I'm on public roads :)

Occasionally take it off for the odd photo etc!

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
kHBvOQZ.jpg

Not bad for a courtesy car tbh. Had 103 miles on the clock when I collected it earlier today. I’ll probably do a bit of an in-depth write up on this vs the GT in that thread. For now, only one word: Rapid.

Back
Top Bottom