Show Us Your Motors!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Had a stage one paint correction and Ceramic coating applied last week. I've really struggled to get a decent shot of it to show it off though, it looks much better in the flesh.

Ev3YifQ.jpg

uVuoxRS.jpg

GX7WhMk.jpg

Soldato
Had a stage one paint correction and Ceramic coating applied last week. I've really struggled to get a decent shot of it to show it off though, it looks much better in the flesh.

Ev3YifQ.jpg

uVuoxRS.jpg

GX7WhMk.jpg

Looks great mate, I honestly do love a well kept MK7 GTI.

Now you will be overly cautious each wash keeping those pesky swirls I’d imagine.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Looks great mate, I honestly do love a well kept MK7 GTI.

Now you will be overly cautious each wash keeping those pesky swirls I’d imagine.
Thanks. It does have its downsides though, it takes me twice as long to find a parking space now, I was fussy before it was polished but I'm even worse now, much to her fury. :cry:

Man of Honour
Back from the detailers. Full decontamination, polish and ceramic coating.

IMG-5439.jpg

IMG-5440.jpg

Soldato
Back from the detailers. Full decontamination, polish and ceramic coating.

IMG-5439.jpg

IMG-5440.jpg
I do love this colour, reminds me of the Techno violet they used to do on the E36 M3s. I think I saw an F90 in a similar shade, but it didn’t look as good as it does on your F80.

I’ve PPFed my CF roof as I was concerned about getting stone chips in it. I saw one car with a bad chip in the roof and the CF had started to haze, I think moisture was getting into it. Have you considered that?

Man of Honour
I do love this colour, reminds me of the Techno violet they used to do on the E36 M3s. I think I saw an F90 in a similar shade, but it didn’t look as good as it does on your F80.

I’ve PPFed my CF roof as I was concerned about getting stone chips in it. I saw one car with a bad chip in the roof and the CF had started to haze, I think moisture was getting into it. Have you considered that?
There does seem to be a bit of history with M cars and purple paint. When the dealer told me about the car coming in I googled the colour and laughed at him. No way am I buying that I said. I’d then gone back in to have the LSD taken off the 140 and I got chatting with the service manager as he was asking why I was taking it off. I mentioned that I wanted an F80 and he said we have a purple one in the car park. He took me out and showed it to me, it wasn’t prep’d but as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. As a bonus it had nearly every optional extra on it too.

I had thought about PPF but the car has done over 30k miles and I couldn’t justify the expense especially considering I’ll probably do 3k a year in it. Ceramic coating will do for me.

Soldato
Spent 3 hours cleaning her early this morning then as such glorious driving weather today went to the beach for a few hours! Renault diamond logo at the front contains the radar behind it!
xjfQNtz.jpg
dTJkjsu.jpg
fKCPqnt.jpg

Soldato
Spent 3 hours cleaning her early this morning then as such glorious driving weather today went to the beach for a few hours! Renault diamond logo at the front contains the radar behind it!
xjfQNtz.jpg
dTJkjsu.jpg
fKCPqnt.jpg

Looking good my friend!

My insurance renewed on Friday marking my first year with mine. Flown by. Still enjoy it :)

Soldato
Looking good my friend!

My insurance renewed on Friday marking my first year with mine. Flown by. Still enjoy it :)
Pics or it did not happen my friend! ;) How many miles you done now out of interest? I am up to 10.5K after 4 months! :eek: Petrol is costing me about £1.2K per month right now also!!

Caporegime
2011 E92 M3 competition pack. Had this since Feb 2017, now on 64k and it’s been trouble free apart from the throttle actuators. Took it a random drive today and took some pics for once

Planning to keep it as it’s just so good, cant beat that V8 and DCT combo and have a mini electric coming to do the boring trips.
e5Evovv.jpg
W5yaGtc.jpg

81y7osp.jpg

plkTD0l.jpg

AokCfgT.jpg

Lkau9TY.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom