Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
An EVO 9 blew past me on the M6 yesterday. I forgot how badass they were --- congrats! Seems to be a few folks winning cars on here. Must be a lucky bunch!

There was a massive boom in these types of draws during lockdown. I reckon now there must be at least 10 to 20 cars per week won by somebody in the UK so no surprise that somebody will know somebody who has won one.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I know a couple people who have won, and a couple who must have sunk hundreds into not winning and given up :D Has to be better odds than the lottery mind you.

Saw it on your Insta, jealous. Wish I could afford your DC5 (I can... but that money is for something else :().

Soldato
Quite nice the way a newly powerwashed monoblock drive makes your washed and polished car look on a summers day :D

16 years old and she still scrubs up decent.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
Very nice, I had a 3.0i, must be about 15 years ago now. Great car (once you get the runflats off), and still look amazing. I do occasionally look at picking up one up again, but I'm not sure how well they age mechanically.

Mine never gave me any bother when I had it.

Associate
Honestly the DC5 is awesome but some things have come to light since owning it that I'd want to be honest about when selling it which may put some people off - the worst being a 20k miles haircut it had when it was imported (actually on ~110k and clocks say ~90k) it's why even if I decide to stick with a DC5 I want to get a lower mileage cleaner one albeit for more ££

What happened to the ferrari that was next to it ? :D

Haha I'm a little cautious of how toxic the DCG facebook comments can get so not mentioning too far afield :p I won a 208 GTi about 18 months ago and got a lot of nasty comments / messages because I had the Noble in the background of the photos (I was trying to sell it to DCG at the time so had it out when the Peugeot was delivered) Ferrari still very much here though :D

298255871_10158759514006966_5349663184738980204_n.jpg

Soldato
Very nice, I had a 3.0i, must be about 15 years ago now. Great car (once you get the runflats off), and still look amazing. I do occasionally look at picking up one up again, but I'm not sure how well they age mechanically.

Mine never gave me any bother when I had it.

Cheers. If they are cared for, like any car I suppose - they will last and age well. Mine appears to have been previously owned by enthusiasts and has been looked after. It's a 2006 with 166k miles on the clock although you would not know to look at it or drive it, she still pulls like a train. Apart from a couple of minor things it flew through its previous MoT and the only large bill I've had so far has been for the electric waterpump - had a genuine BMW one fitted earlier this year and it was over 1k inc VAT and labour but they are known faults on the N52 so I'm glad its been done.

Rocker cover gasket is next on the list as its developed the well known slight leak of oil at the back left of the engine. Not an expensive job, thankfully.

OcUK Staff
We run the Clios at 17psi cold, 26psi hot as we had same problems.. Get them pressures dooooown

Just tried 27-28psi hot a little better but still simple fact is a semi slick would be better than a road tyre. No complaints though having great fun and very evenly matched with the 430 Cups. :)

Man of Honour
Just picked this up for my wife. 5.7 V8, a little more powerful than her old Dodge Caliber :D

Sadly not much like that in the UK - wouldn't mind something with a V6 - I'm not really gone on the Toyota or Mitsubishi offerings, VW Touareg doesn't really compare and I don't like the response of the 3.0L engine in those.

Soldato
5.7 V8, nice ! :D

odd engine size though, 5.7 ?

No idea, that’s just what it says on the plastic engine cover :cry:

Sadly not much like that in the UK - wouldn't mind something with a V6 - I'm not really gone on the Toyota or Mitsubishi offerings, VW Touareg doesn't really compare and I don't like the response of the 3.0L engine in those.

They do exist in the UK actually - my dad had an identical one for years. It had an LPG conversion though which made the fuel bills a bit less painful.

Man of Honour
Other than that exact model, you mean? In-fact there are more than 40 Grand Cherokee for sale on Autotrader right now with a V8 :D

TBH I was thinking more in terms of what I would buy - I'm not in a hurry to buy a V8 and some of the alternatives would get nicked in 2 seconds flat around where I live and hence ridiculously expensive to insure.

Soldato
Well I've had a pretty insane weekend. Won an Evo 9 with dream car giveaways. Collected at earliest opportunity and didn't even ask the cash alt as I've always wanted one and even if I'd choose something else for the same money it'll be good to tick it off the list for a while first. It's had £8.5k spent on an underside restoration in 2019 so its solid as they come and a lot of choice modifications giving it a very reliable 400bhp :)

298120772_10158759069446966_3332017552632871238_n.jpg

Wow free Evo, can't complain there. very nice driveway.

The V is still in the bodyshop as quite a few OEM trims were on backorder. Spoiler now back on. Absolute pig to clean and take off as they're both bolted and bonded. Have decided to pad the bottom with foam and only bolt it so that it's easily removable in future.

EVMM7qR.png

GmzfWIR.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom