Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
5 days in Edinburgh, 1400 miles and 5 tanks of V-Power and between 30-22MPG later. I had 2 passengers and with all of our luggage. The car never felt like it struggled. Aside from the extra weight in the twisty roads being felt, acceleration and range seemed as excellent as normal lol. nothing broke either lol. Absolutely a beautiful grand tourer worthy machine. The induction noise through the mountain roads will never get old. The NC500 trip some years ago was just me in the car so it was interesting comparing how it behaved with the extra weight. Didn't feel it affected the enjoyment driving at all for such a long haul. if I didn't have to eat or use facilities and get fuel, then I could drive the 7.45hrs in one sitting and not feel any aches hah. Such a versatile car all things considered.

I have no idea what a replacement car would look like in the future. What else in this sort of price ticks so many boxes and still looks tasteful in terms of performance, storage capacity, interior and exterior styling? I could find nothing when casually looking for the luls in the past.

Edinburgh_20220728_115920%20(1).jpg

Edinburgh_20220730_123301.jpg

This one because why not :D

Nevis-Range_20220728_151454.jpg

Tbh, I don't think you should ever replace it, surely for the time you've had it & memories made anything better should just be an addition and you keep that alongside.

I absolutely loved my E46 M3, one of my fondest car memories.

Man of Honour
Tbh, I don't think you should ever replace it, surely for the time you've had it & memories made anything better should just be an addition and you keep that alongside.

I absolutely loved my E46 M3, one of my fondest car memories.

Very true, a lot of memories, I saw my cousin yesterday at a wedding and he asked if I still had "the rocket" (lol) - He went for a drive in it about 6 years ago and really liked it. So today a few others jumped in as they were in the area and again, great new memories. Everyone always mentions the classics being the best ones and most memorable.

I'll get an EV once solid state batteries are the norm but still keep the E46 :cool:

Soldato
Very true, a lot of memories, I saw my cousin yesterday at a wedding and he asked if I still had "the rocket" (lol) - He went for a drive in it about 6 years ago and really liked it. So today a few others jumped in as they were in the area and again, great new memories. Everyone always mentions the classics being the best ones and most memorable.

I'll get an EV once solid state batteries are the norm but still keep the E46 :cool:

The E46 lifespan is my favourite era of cars nothing these days can replace. I wish I had a unit and buy all the old favourites just to look at them :D

OcUK Staff
Well manage to get the 458, Exige, GT3 and Spyder round Donington now this year:

1DAA9E5F-3162-4DC6-A263-C50808A1EA57.jpeg E4380AEC-8CEE-47D4-998D-38CBB578E79B.jpeg F265838E-C8E4-4E22-AB0A-D2C3405F6471.jpeg

GT3 did not let down, perfect track conditions too 19c and overcast so the PS4S did not overheat so was able to run 20-25 minute sessions, very consistent and fast, 458 tad faster on straights but also more fun I’d say but GT3 more planted and consistent. Exige the most fun and involving but not as fast.

Associate
I had an inkling it was you in the garage a couple away from us, I wasn’t certain as ive met you briefly once at Curborough last year (I was in the C63 estate). We were in the blue R53 this evening. It was a great session and the GT3 won best sounding car on track for me :cool:

OcUK Staff
I had an inkling it was you in the garage a couple away from us, I wasn’t certain as ive met you briefly once at Curborough last year (I was in the C63 estate). We were in the blue R53 this evening. It was a great session and the GT3 won best sounding car on track for me :cool:

Thanks it’s a shame I cannot run the full IPE system for track days as that sounds insane but is probably like 110Db on flyby and £130 for a track day beats paying £600 for a test day.

Must say I was surprised how well tonight’s track day ran, people were very well mannered and happy to let me pass and manage to get plenty of track time in and down £200 worth of fuel lol.

Don’t suppose you have any footage of my car do you? We did setup the GoPro but into the first session it fell of rear window, down side of not having the rear cage, nothing to attach go pro too. :(

Associate
They got those up fast! First time booking with open track, I would use them again. Track etiquette was on the whole very good and it was nice to see the number of cars on track early in the session being limited a bit.

@Gibbo i’ve probably got a few clips of you over taking us, I’ll sift them out over the weekend

Back
Top Bottom