show your sandy bridge 24/7 clocks and volts

Soldato
hello

almost every day i see people asking what is the safe volts for a sandybridge chip.

the answer is know one really knows.

so here's my 24/7 clocks and volts

there are risks to clocking as always so do not take what you see in this thread as correct these are just my clocks and volts.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
that look ok to me.

i can get 4.8 at same volts but i wanted to make my ram run closer to stock speeds so ive upped the BLK which i need a little more volts for.

still playing about but im nearly finished. want to keep it at them volts tho i have gone to 1.55v for a few bench marks and clocked it to 5.25ghz

Soldato
mine

247clocks.jpg

Soldato
hello

almost every day i see people asking what is the safe volts for a sandybridge chip.

the answer is know one really knows.

so here's my 24/7 clocks and volts

What board do you have there ? I don't understand why is my board not reading correct vcore in the cpuz under load. I have to use gigabyte touch bios software and hwmonitor for the correct vcore @ 1.39v under load. (both matched the same vcore, so I use gigabyte software instead for time being until the cpuz fixed soon. You had a nice clock there mate 4.8GHz at 1.4v is about right.

Soldato
It so strange, when I first time open the sealed box of Intel i7 2600K retail box and new motherboard, I leave it as a default stock speed for the first time, and ran linx 25x and it passed ok, then next one, ran an hour OCCT and passed. Then a memory test ran (all passed and finally last one is run Prime95 and it failed at 3 hours, 46 mins, I re-run again same again Prime95 and again it failed 3 hours, 46 mins! (On the stock speed !) end up BSD code 0x124 twices. Surely Intel should have passed prime95 for 48 hours with stock speed ?

It sound as Prime95 are issues on sandybridge!

Last edited:
Soldato
Alots of them do test prime95 for 8 hours for maximum stable! I think it sound rather silly. U still get freeze or BSD even if it had passed 24 hours on Prime95. No computer does ever stable is rather frustrated! I remember that Bill Gates use to show off Windows XP to public and end up BSD!

Associate
I highly doubt Intel test anything. They probably just set the default voltage to something high enough to keep 99.99% of chips stable and ship them out, and deal with returns on the 0.01% that aren't. Far more economically viable than testing chips for any length of time.

Soldato
I was tempted, just to get into the 5GHz club, but I can't afford to replace it if anything did go wrong. I'll go for it once I've gotten a couple years out of it and can afford to upgrade. For now, a 4.7GHz 2500k is plenty :)

Soldato
I think i7 920 D0 bloomfield cpu chip is the only one with crazy low vcore with high overclock. I think we stand no chance with sandybridge chip. I haven't seen anyone who had overclocked 4.8GHz below 1.35vcore yet.

I manage to get stable prime blend 4.2 at just 1.27vcore sandybridge. another 0.11v increase in vcore for 4.8

Last edited:
Associate
I think i7 920 D0 bloomfield cpu chip is the only one with crazy low vcore with high overclock. I think we stand no chance with sandybridge chip. I haven't seen anyone who had overclocked 4.8GHz below 1.35vcore yet.

Find me a Bloomfield that goes 4.8 Ghz with 1.35v .....

I bet a 2600k could use crazy low volts for 4 Ghz

Back
Top Bottom