Sick days off work: how many is too many per year ?

Soldato
Guys how many sick days off per year do you think is too many ?

And can there really be too many days off as if someone sick there sick and there nothing anyone can do about it

Never off sick, too much to do :p

At the moment I've got a serious chest infection (probably caused off too much work and plane travel and lack of sleep) but the only concession I've given myself is working from home.

I've been off sick once in about 13 years when I had a migraine so bad I could not even open my eyes. I'm lucky being in an office based job and now having a decent manager I can just work from home and keep up, if not be at my best.

Mind if this infection gets much worse I'm going struggle :p

Soldato
Meh when i was young I used to call in sick all the time for hangovers. I used to get bollocked for it as well and lost one job over it (it had got to a stage where I went 8 weeks ringing in sick on a Thursday and Friday as went out clubbing from Wednesday onwards). So things aren't any different nowadays tbh.
See the thing there is that is lying pulling a sickie is not the same as not going into work because you are sick. I won't lie. I did it once .1 day I skived off in 22 years (went to a united midweek match and could not face a 4hr drive home after it)

Soldato
More than 6 in my opinion, one every other month is about acceptable.

The nature of your job does have some bearing I suppose, being sat behind a desk with a head cold or virus is quite different to having an active demanding job where continuing to do strenuous work and/or be exposed to the elements is going to hinder recovery.

(zero days, 10 years here, rather die at my desk than sit at home festering & wallowing in self pity).

Back
Top Bottom