Sick days

Soldato
I take days off sick when I feel ill - colds usually. I don't want to infect people around me at work and I want to recover properly. I would not want someone who is ill to be in close contact and spread germs just because they don't want to lose a day's pay - it's nto beneficial to other people around.

Don
Ive had 4 days of work this week, and hated it. Felt so guilty.

Had sickness and diarrohea for 4 days, (well sickness for two and diarrohea for two), strange that I still feel guilty, even though 100% genuinely ill.

Soldato
my work has an awesome policy where 1 illness is classed as 5 days off paid sick leave.

I have only been off twice in a year both geniune illness for ages but thats like 10 days. still the Best policy EVER :D

Soldato
I had no sick days off in the first 5 years at work .... then had four off when I had a wisdom tooth out and was in quite a bit of pain and looked like a chipmunk :(

Since then, (another 5 years), I've probably had 3 or 4 days off all for genuine reasons ... although I have been off with sciatic nerve issues since May but haven't actually had any time of sick as I have just been working from home :)

Associate
sorry but im my experience you dont get rewarded for working your ass of when your not well. you are more likely to make costly mistakes and generally pass your illness round the office.

guess it depends on your company but if you feel you will get fired for being off sick you need to change workplace.

ill be off sick as and when i feel sick and a fair few times when i dont

Soldato
....although I have been off with sciatic nerve issues since May but haven't actually had any time of sick as I have just been working from home :)

You're very lucky to be able to work at home! When I suffered from sciatica I was off for almost 2 months in the space of 2 years. The first time it happened I was immobile for 3 weeks!

Andy

Soldato
Only ever took 2 days off sick so far one on Thursday and then today. I've worked whilst having the flu and everything but whatever i've got at the minute has just completely run me down, couldn't even think about working yet I feel so guilty for calling in sick as I know the shop will be busy. I guess the fact my pay packet is going to be 12 hours short next week also makes me feel bad :(

Soldato
I normally end up with anywhere between 1 and 6 ish days off sick per year. Normally with man flu. Nobody thanks you for making the extra 'effort' when you're ill, and they only whinge at you when you give them what you have.

Soldato
in the last 2 years of my working life i've averaged 5 days off a year, which according to them is pretty bad, but when i point out to them that in most cases the reasons i'm off are due to the working conditions which were present in my first year they soon stop complaining, (as the possibility of me taking out a law suit for breaches in health and safety scares them i think)

the rest (4 days iirc) were due to a chest infection made worse by the fact my doctor prescribed me penicillin based antibiotics (knowing full well i have an allergy to penicillin :()

Soldato
Well I have had a few days off in the past, but now I have been promoted and enjoy my job and the responsibility I havent been sick in the past 6 months, I am of the same opinion as you and will only take the day off if really necessary.

Soldato
When I worked at primark I only phoned in sick when I was, and even then that was rare. One time going in even though I felt terrible, consequently being sent home and being sick.

When I worked at lloyds for a short time I phoned in twice as I could not bare going in, I hated the enviroment and the role even more.

Back
Top Bottom