side hustle ideas...

Associate
Hi all.

So, i'm bored!

I like my job but it's based largely around long term sales - it's a bit feast and famine. I make decent sales but they're really spread apart. So it's months between sales, but each sale supports me for much longer than the gaps so financially it's working well.

that being said, the down phases are pretty dull, all about keeping your foot in the door.

So, I'm keen to find a side line, something that doesn't need to make me a fortune but gives a bit of a regular return.

Matched Betting?
Crypto Mining?
crochet doilies?

All suggestions welcome. I'd like to be able to do it from my WFH setup as i'm here all the time anyway.

Again, it's doesn't have to be a living. I'm not looking to change my main job. But hey, if I could make an extra £100 a month from essentially a new hobby that would be great.

any suggestions?

Associate
OP
Crytpo day trading?

yea I've only just touched the surface of crypto at all today. I'd really chucked it in the "scam" pile and thought nothing more about it. But yeah potentially has some mileage to it. Just keen to not get suckered into a scam and lose money when the aim is to gain

Soldato
yea I've only just touched the surface of crypto at all today. I'd really chucked it in the "scam" pile and thought nothing more about it. But yeah potentially has some mileage to it. Just keen to not get suckered into a scam and lose money when the aim is to gain

The graph goes up and down that all that's needed.

Associate
OP
Buy and sell things. I tend to buy collectibles and then sell them for a profit.

True it won't make me a millionaire but it's fun and I make some pocked money.

that’s what I’m after really, but if pocket money and a bit of fun. I don’t want to do something that feels like a chore - hobby with earning potential that’s the aim

Caporegime
that’s what I’m after really, but if pocket money and a bit of fun. I don’t want to do something that feels like a chore - hobby with earning potential that’s the aim

Yeah I mean I was buying signed football player cards, like Harry kane, buy from USA for 30 quid, sell here on eBay for 3x the value etc.

Sometimes I buy f1 collectibles etc decks of cards.

I enjoy it as I get to own things I wouldn't do otherwise and then sell them...

Caporegime
If it was easy to make money from home for very little effort. It makes you wonder why everyone isn't doing it.

Onlyfans, twitch, YouTube, day trading are all very niche as is everything else that will be worthwhile.

Why don't you just take the huge chunks of money you make and invest them in an index tracker?

Warren buffet suggests s&p 500 and vanguard. So I wouldn't really go against what he recommends. He owns Berkshire Hathaway.

Caporegime
If it's just a bit of fun then matched betting and crypto seems to fit the bill. You probably don't want it to turn into work though.

He's looking to make money though. Crypto is not a sure thing like matched betting. And matched betting requires quite a lot of work scouring for deals.

Soldato
Depends what you're already good at. If you were good at baking, I reckon you could make a fair bit from wedding cakes. An eye for design, create a brand for something with demand potential, e.g. 'gym shark'.

Soldato
I'm in to RC racing. There is an RC game called VRC Pro. I saw some hobby project a guy had done to allow gamers to use their actual RC transmitter with the computer. I did it better (sourcing boards and writing better code) and sold hundreds on ebay.

It became a chore so I stopped. But I made a fair bit of profit per unit.

I find loads of things like that to distract me just enough. Which is one of those jobs which people think must be exciting, and it is as times, but mostly its very frustrating and sometimes bad.

Having said that I'm into RC cars...so that hobby could fill your life.

Back
Top Bottom