Significant incident Plymouth

Capodecina
Soldato
Jeez, this is not something you expect to hear happen within the UK. What a tragic story and such a waste of life.

I really hate how these scumbags always turn the guns on themselves at the end of their rampage. Man enough to take a life but not enough to deal with the consequences. Beyond pathetic. Hopefully those effected have all their friends and family around them at this point.

As soon as I saw his photo it was obvious that he was going to be that type of person.

The person who always comes to mind for me in these situations for me is Eliot Rodger. Another incel who went on a rampage killing loads of people. The thing about him is that he wrote a 141-page life-history document explaining why he was about to do what he did. In short, he was a narcissist who blamed everyone else for his lack of attention from women. He had money and looks [objectively] and he thought women should flock to him because of those things, he didn't realise that personality played a massive part, and according to those who knew him, he was awkward and withdrawn.

It's actually quite interesting reading [easy to find on Google], and from someone who was clearly very intelligent and articulate, but who didn't get the right kind of support.

Soldato
Wish they wouldn't name the guy..
same but mainly for the reason a lot of these self proclaimed 'losers' want the notoriety (why, they'll be dead in most instances) i'd want to rob them of that. remove all mention of them, give them nothing, no infamy, no notoriety. let them and their name just disappear from memory. but the reality is that this persons name will remain known long after his victims have been forgotten by all but their closest family and friends

Soldato
Be interesting to know how he got the gun. I can’t really think of any reason anyone in a city, least of all a crane operator, needs a gun.

Hopefully further limitations on gun ownership follow this like they did from Dunblane.

Obviously the above is assuming he legally owned one.

Caporegime
Be interesting to know how he got the gun. I can’t really think of any reason anyone in a city, least of all a crane operator, needs a gun.

Hopefully further limitations on gun ownership follow this like they did from Dunblane.

Obviously the above is assuming he legally owned one.

My sisters husband owns two guns, and has a gun license and I see no reason for him to have them either.

He's not a farmer, he occasionally does work on an estate 'beating' for the landowners to shoot birds, but he doesn't actually do the shooting himself.

Soldato
The person who always comes to mind for me in these situations for me is Eliot Rodger. Another incel who went on a rampage killing loads of people. The thing about him is that he wrote a 141-page life-history document explaining why he was about to do what he did. In short, he was a narcissist who blamed everyone else for his lack of attention from women. He had money and looks [objectively] and he thought women should flock to him because of those things, he didn't realise that personality played a massive part, and according to those who knew him, he was awkward and withdrawn.

It's actually quite interesting reading [easy to find on Google], and from someone who was clearly very intelligent and articulate, but who didn't get the right kind of support.

It's a growing problem, these young men that are struggling in life, with no support available because public mental health/counselling services have been decimated, they end falling into this internet subculture that frames them as a victim and revels in apportioning blame to any convenient scapegoat, women, chads, minorities, 'wokies', whatever.

Fortunately it's only a very small minority that so too deep down the rabbit hole that they can't see a way out. You see an alarming amount of the seeds of this thinking around these days though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems to be the typical right wing incel type, subscribed to count dankula, rebel media etc on YouTube.

I'd never heard of 'incel' until very recently, I watched a video of a criminal interview with 'Alek Minassian' the guy who ran down 10 people in a truck in Toronto in a van, he was a self confessed incel and spilled the beans in the police interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Dck7J4Ks0

I find the whole concept of it very interesting. For me I suspect a lot of it has it's roots in social media, where 'Chads' and 'Staceys' post endless pics of their hot partners, perfect bodies, gucci belts and so forth all over the place - a certain more 'delicate' subset of people simply can't deal with this, and think that in order to live they have to try to become it - but they can't. Rather than simply try to live like a normal person, they spawn this alternate reality in their heads where everyone else is to blame.

Soldato
with all due respect to yourself but had that lady had a gun she would most likely be dead now. attempting to draw a firearm in that sort of situation, unless your John Wick is almost always going to result in the attacker taking the weapon from you long before you have the chance to use it.

Yea true, but she was also nearly beaten to death soooooo, I dont think it would have been hard for her to conceal what she was doing from him to shooting through her bag though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They end falling into this internet subculture that frames them as a victim and revels in apportioning blame to any convenient scapegoat, women, chads, minorities, 'wokies', whatever.

Fortunately it's only a very small minority that so too deep down the rabbit hole that they can't see a way out. You see an alarming amount of the seeds of this thinking around these days though.

Yeah, there's quite a few people who post on OCUK forums with these same views!

Soldato
Yea true, but she was also nearly beaten to death soooooo, I dont think it would have been hard for her to conceal what she was doing from him to shooting through her bag though.
you wont have the where-with-all to conceal anything when someone is punch lumps out of you unless you have some serious level of self defence training behind you.

edit: even then, when you're getting flung about like that the likelihood of making a quick kill shot is greatly diminished.

Capodecina
Soldato
It's a growing problem, these young men that are struggling in life, with no support available because public mental health/counselling services have been decimated, they end falling into this internet subculture that frames them as a victim and revels in apportioning blame to any convenient scapegoat, women, minorities, 'wokies', whatever.

In Rodger's case, he tried and tried to get women, failed, so decided the only thing he could do would be to punish everyone else. That's the problem with a monomaniac - if they fail at their raison d'etre they cease to have a point in living anymore, so they will literally give their life up to punish those who they perceive as responsible.

You could even take Kurt Cobain as an example, though he had no-one else to blame for his loss of interest in music other than himself, so his disillusionment with the music scene turned into self-loathing.

Back
Top Bottom