1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone SFX - Decent PSU / decent deal?

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by macca72, Nov 25, 2018.

1. macca72

Associate

Afternoon

I'm on with spec'ing a mini ITX build and the case I've bought needs an SFX PSU. Haven't been able to find loads in the way of value for money but have come across this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £90.89 (includes shipping: £9.90) ​
    [​IMG]

So, is it a good PSU? Seems like a competitive price (and I can get it slightly cheaper with some shopping around).

Cheers

2. mikedigitales

Hitman

Did you get anywhere with your SFX shopping - I've just been building a few spare parts into a small ITX case and have used an old Superflower ATX which just fits but isn't sounding great fan wise. An SFX or very short ATX recommendation at the cheap end of the scale would be ace.

3. Radox-0

Wise Guy

I used the PSU in my it’s build for nearly 2 years no bother before I stopped using the build( still in case lol) Early models v1.0 / v1.1 like mine had an annoying click with the zero RPM mode on occasions. Look like his v2 has done away entirely with zero RPM mode and fan spins all the time a bit low speeds.

Aside from that it’s a capable unit that should do the job fine.

4. macca72

Associate

Not really, I'm leaning towards the Silverstone above simply on price BUT...

SVGA have got an SFX range arriving in the UK in the new year I think. The EVGA GM 550 which looks comparable in price and has a stack of great reviews. I'm going to wait until January sales now (MacBook Pro will do fine in the meantime), so might hang on a little longer for this.

5. mikedigitales

Hitman

The Todays Deal on the front page has taken my fancy - might have to be bought - great warranty and 120mm fan (so technically SFX-L I think).

6. macca72

Associate

The seasonic one? - Yeah that does look good.

7. mikedigitales

Hitman

Yes its the Seasonic Focus SGX 450W 80 Plus Gold, £84.95 I think it was :)