Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
So, current plan:

Get the floor mat and use that to confirm size. Yes I'm aware that it's slightly wider and longer but if I have room for that then the rest is easy.

I'm struggling to visualise how is going to be (as in floor space) and as I said, In concerned about space. £25 is a price I'm happy to go "ok if that doesn't work" rather than fighting over £700 however I still feel that if somewhere can let me have a "play" then I'd feel a little more reassured about it.

Speaking of shop openings; I'm not convinced that the competitor's "brick and mortar" store is open either.

Man of Honour
So, I've got massively in to F1 2020, and currently playing with an old Thrustmaster T150 a friend lent me. Someone I know is selling a Thrustmaster TS-XW with T3PA-Pro pedals with a loadcell mod, with a couple of rims, including the Ferrari F1 wheel and the Sparco P310 Competition Mod. It's all in a Trak Racer RS6 rig

He wants £850 and I've said I'll have it

Am I mad?! Should I wait and see how I get on with the wheel a bit more first or shall I go ahead and jump right in with some decent gear? A part of me thinks that if, worst case, I don't get on with it in a month or two, I'd not lose too much selling it on again?

Associate
OP
If racing is something you're really enjoying and can see yourself doing it for a while then sounds good.

If you don't get on with the gear you can always sell bits and bolt something else on to the rig.

Are you playing anything else that you would swap the rims over for such as GT racing?

Associate
Going through a bit of an upgrade at the moment. Bought a Trak Racer TR8 for myself this time last year (took 3 months to arrive due to COVID). After a few upgrades this is where I was at:

img_20210406_150715_750.jpg

A move around at home meant the rig was moving to a different room and took the opportunity to change the monitor mount out for a Sim-Labs mount as the leg spread on the TR mount was too wide:

img_20210514_180026_981.jpg

After building the Sim-Labs stand, my mind was made up and I purchased a Sim-Labs P1-X this last weekend... Bring on parcel day!

screenshot_20210516-2026127e2.png

Next on the upgrade list is direct drive...

Associate
Associate
I did read one review that said pretty much that, the wheel is very plastic on the thrustmaster and leather on the g923. Not much written versus reviews and the Internet quality is really bad where I am working so cannot watch any wheel v wheel reviews on youtube. Wandered if there was any hands on experience on here. I have used the g920 before so I assume I'd get on with the 23.

Caporegime
So, I've got massively in to F1 2020, and currently playing with an old Thrustmaster T150 a friend lent me. Someone I know is selling a Thrustmaster TS-XW with T3PA-Pro pedals with a loadcell mod, with a couple of rims, including the Ferrari F1 wheel and the Sparco P310 Competition Mod. It's all in a Trak Racer RS6 rig

He wants £850 and I've said I'll have it

Am I mad?! Should I wait and see how I get on with the wheel a bit more first or shall I go ahead and jump right in with some decent gear? A part of me thinks that if, worst case, I don't get on with it in a month or two, I'd not lose too much selling it on again?

bit dear tbh. those pedals arent great either.

Man of Honour
ah thats great news on the pedals. have great fun what you playing at the moment ?

Mostly F1 2020, although I've been playing a lot of Assetto Corsa in VR which is great fun.

But F12020, me and a friend are in constant competition over lap times so it makes it really fun (and frustrating).

Soldato
Swapped my T3PA pedals with Fanatec Clubsport v3. Well worth the cash. I can actually trail brake now!
Just built a basic wooden frame to put them on and stop tipping which works really well.

Not sure on getting a full on rig yet but knowing me it will probably happen within a year. Not that my wife really cares but its still a monstrous item to have in the home 'office'.

Man of Honour
I am really struggling and find it hard to unlearn what I know and tailor my driving for sim land. Frustrating, about 2 seconds off the quick boys on most tracks, can't get close. All in my braking it seems.

Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom