Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Which platform as if on Xbox it doesn't work AFAIK? Have you updated the rim to its latest firmware?
Running on PC with all the latest firmware

:: Edit ::

Got it
- installed Fanalabs
- set the Fanatec LED’s option in general to enabled

only problem is the speed on the LED is in kph, even though I have mph set in the options :/

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve got everything setup now.
Running the CSL DD with a McLaren v2 wheel, Thrustmaster TLCM pedals all on a NextLevel Racing F-GT.
I’ve moved from a Logitech wheel which felt like it wasn’t connected to the front wheels in ACC- super floaty. Also the shifters stopped working so I was using the buttons on the front to change gear :cry:

This is a major step up as I can actually place the car where I want it.
Looking to convert my garage next year into a gaming room so will get a more solid rig then.

52050505208_3640695219_b.jpg

Soldato
I’ve got everything setup now.
Running the CSL DD with a McLaren v2 wheel, Thrustmaster TLCM pedals all on a NextLevel Racing F-GT.
I’ve moved from a Logitech wheel which felt like it wasn’t connected to the front wheels in ACC- super floaty. Also the shifters stopped working so I was using the buttons on the front to change gear :cry:

This is a major step up as I can actually place the car where I want it.
Looking to convert my garage next year into a gaming room so will get a more solid rig then.

52050505208_3640695219_b.jpg

I put badminton grip tape around the grips as did not like the feel of the rubber. Has a slight tack to it and bright orange :D

Soldato
New budget friendly Moza wheel rim's and pedals

You need to change language to chinese in order for these pages to load correctly below:

Associate
spent the last couple of evenings calibrating the FFB etc testing in F1 2021 time trial on France against my ghost and thinking what's going on here i'm 3-5 seconds slower than my best using the old Logitech G29. this evening i figured out why.... i was racing in my League car the Alpine, i'd set my PB ghost in a Red Bull no wonder i was slower :D

@SDK^ getting on ok with the Formula V2.5X not too small for me rotaries are far enough out of the way not to be accidentally knocked just need to learn the button's now for menu and also set up the MFD actions

Soldato
spent the last couple of evenings calibrating the FFB etc testing in F1 2021 time trial on France against my ghost and thinking what's going on here i'm 3-5 seconds slower than my best using the old Logitech G29. this evening i figured out why.... i was racing in my League car the Alpine, i'd set my PB ghost in a Red Bull no wonder i was slower :D

@SDK^ getting on ok with the Formula V2.5X not too small for me rotaries are far enough out of the way not to be accidentally knocked just need to learn the button's now for menu and also set up the MFD actions
Will the funky switch/stick not be best for the mfd? Mind you can be a be fiddly if wearing gloves (if you do).

Soldato
Does anyone have any recommendations for a general arcade - Forza/ GT / NFS style wheel which works with the CSL DD?
Would prefer a leather / harder wearing material and ideally in the lower £200 - £300 ish price bracket.

Soldato
Does anyone have any recommendations for a general arcade - Forza/ GT / NFS style wheel which works with the CSL DD?
Would prefer a leather / harder wearing material and ideally in the lower £200 - £300 ish price bracket.

But you have the GT rim already ?

Unless you want a round rim, in which case your need to up the budget as getting any rim with the universal hub and the soft shifters is not a nice experience.

Soldato

Get a used P1 and magnetic mod, should come to about £175 all in tops. There are two versions PS/PC and Xbox/PS/PC (I have) with different grips the Xbox variant being Alcantara. Solid wheel with the OG release which IMO is better than the QR lite and uses a hex screw to secure. Excellent for arcade/simcade racers :)

Soldato
But you have the GT rim already ?

Unless you want a round rim, in which case your need to up the budget as getting any rim with the universal hub and the soft shifters is not a nice experience.
The QR-Lite which comes with the McLaren wheel is useless. I was getting a clunking noise on turn in, both left and right, when I Googled it seems there are many people with the same problem. The basic QR doesn't hold it tight enough on the spindle, so there is a little bit of movement :(

I was going to order a QR1 but that's £100, plus £20 postage and the import duty on top.

Might as well spend £400 on a round leather wheel which comes with the QR1.

Fanatec need to get their new QR2 out because they are currently bottom the pile when it comes to QR's !!

Soldato
My son has been playing F1 and Forza Horizon 5 for a while using standard PS5 and PC controllers. After having a go earlier this week I realised how rubbish the experience was, so got him a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT wheel & pedals and this Ferrari SF1000 wheel for it. The wheel is stunning; made from carbon and is an exact copy of the wheel used in 2020 Ferrari F1 car - amazing value for about £350.

52100644164_6317a1eb91_b.jpg

52100403716_b9892f259f_b.jpg

Soldato
Me and my son have spent the most part of today improving the rig. Removed the top shelf and tidied it up, added a shelf for the mouse and adapted our table for the keyboard. We've also moved the screens closer to sort out the fov.

Purchased some alcantara sheets to close it all in. Nice improvement, so I've ordered another one for the other side.

Just designing a roof for it now using plastic tubing :cry:

9mW0Z8e.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
anybody know a good place to buy 8040 profile precut? i need a 1000mm length 3x500mm and 2x300mm lengths to build out my HOTAS mounts onto my existing rig, plus some corner brackets and T-nuts and bolts.
If done the googling but I'm more after a recommendation.

Soldato
Finished building my rig last week but didn’t realise this thread existed, could’ve gotten some good ideas from it!

I went with:

Sim labs P1X (Plus keyboard shelf, mouse mat, PC shelf, heel rest, standalone triple monitor mount)
Simucube Pro 2
Simtrecs ProPedal GT
Ascher Racing B16M + Turn One wheel
OMP TRS-E seat
Samsung G9 49” 240hz

Also had to build a new PC to run it and to use for a few desktop games (WZ/LoL):

Asus ROG Strix Z-690-A
MSI 3090
32GB RAM
2 x 1TB WD 850 NVMe
Corsair RM1000x

Think I’m going to swap the G9 for triple LG 32” (32GP850) and I really need a button box as I didn’t realise I’d need that many buttons for things in game :eek:

Back
Top Bottom