Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
O nice. Care to share what your system looks like and what rig you got? Pm if you like
No problem at all. I’ll get some pictures later today, but essentially it’s a Sim Lab GT1 EVO cockpit with a sim Lab race seat, integrated monitor mount and all the accessories such as a keyboard tray etc. I’m just in the planning process for some updates so I can mount my Warthog HOTAS.

Equipment mounted:
Simucube Pro
HRS quick release
Cube Controls GT wheel
Fanatec CSL Elite 2 pedal set
2x iFlag
Stream Deck XL
EPLab (basically a Racelogic copy)

Soldato
No problem at all. I’ll get some pictures later today, but essentially it’s a Sim Lab GT1 EVO cockpit with a sim Lab race seat, integrated monitor mount and all the accessories such as a keyboard tray etc. I’m just in the planning process for some updates so I can mount my Warthog HOTAS.

Equipment mounted:
Simucube Pro
HRS quick release
Cube Controls GT wheel
Fanatec CSL Elite 2 pedal set
2x iFlag
Stream Deck XL
EPLab (basically a Racelogic copy)
Brilliant thanks.

I'm eyeing up that cockpit too as it looks the business. Just finding a way where I can connect my hosas to it and also still do fps missions via mouse and keyboard even if I detach the wheel rim to make space for mouse and keyboard play.

I basically wanna create a cockpit for racing, flight sim and usual fps shooters /mouse and keyboard gaming

Associate
Brilliant thanks.

I'm eyeing up that cockpit too as it looks the business. Just finding a way where I can connect my hosas to it and also still do fps missions via mouse and keyboard even if I detach the wheel rim to make space for mouse and keyboard play.

I basically wanna create a cockpit for racing, flight sim and usual fps shooters /mouse and keyboard gaming
52166906167_d989a8250f_k.jpg

With wheel

52168242314_17f251c1da_k.jpg

Without. You can see the mouse pad a bit better here.

It's great for all gaming types but I've had to shift the keyboard height around a bit as it was a little high to be comfortable.

I'm intending to add a bit more aluminium profile to the left side of the seat to mount the HOTAS and use this.

Soldato

With wheel

It's great for all gaming types but I've had to shift the keyboard height around a bit as it was a little high to be comfortable.

I'm intending to add a bit more aluminium profile to the left side of the seat to mount the HOTAS and use this.
That looks awsome and doesnt seem to take too much space it seems. do you place your keyboard riht infront of you when you are doing FPS ground based missions in star citizen? Be inetrested how you will moutn two joy sticks. Would you still be able to get inside your cockpit with it?
Also, Do you plan on having a "arm rest" so to speak so you can wrest your arm on one while handling the joysticks?

edit. have you seen some of teh add-ons from these guys?

https://www.monster.tech/en/product/mts-hotas-right/

monstertech_mts_hotas_right_b_01-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I do like that, I'd not seen them before but I do like the way they move when not required. That was a consideration I'd made which I was prepared to live with. £300 for both sides though... I might be just as happy with a bit of physical activity getting in, prior to gaming! I've had triples on a previous rig and although you might have to breath in a bit, it's not too much trouble & I'm often in the seat for a decent period of time (when I get the chance!)

I've not considered an arm rest if I'm honest. The seat I have falls nicely for where my arms would go for a mouse or HOTAS so no issues for me. The keyboard doesn't articulate the way you've described; it's got a 90 degree range of motion due to the pivot joint. I would like to change that in the future and a few people have shared blueprints of what their solutions have been on discord groups I'm in.

Soldato
I do like that, I'd not seen them before but I do like the way they move when not required. That was a consideration I'd made which I was prepared to live with. £300 for both sides though... I might be just as happy with a bit of physical activity getting in, prior to gaming! I've had triples on a previous rig and although you might have to breath in a bit, it's not too much trouble & I'm often in the seat for a decent period of time (when I get the chance!)

I've not considered an arm rest if I'm honest. The seat I have falls nicely for where my arms would go for a mouse or HOTAS so no issues for me. The keyboard doesn't articulate the way you've described; it's got a 90 degree range of motion due to the pivot joint. I would like to change that in the future and a few people have shared blueprints of what their solutions have been on discord groups I'm in.
O they are well known brand in the star citizen and flight world .

Check out this video

Soldato
Got the roof on. Had a bloody awful session tonight, just wasn't feeling it. Got too impatient and lost the flow.

Soldato

With wheel

Looks great! What Stream Deck mounting are you using? I’ve got an XL on the way and found a great mount on Etsy but it’s £65 after postage from USA :(

Associate
I've seen that same mount on Etsy, it looks fantastic but I can't bring myself to pay so much for postage, especially for a 3d printed part.

I'm just using the SIM Lab button box arm and a spare vesa mount as a shelf. It's working pretty well if I'm honest.

Back
Top Bottom