Simplest way to get free view HD in our bedroom?

Soldato
Morning all

We have an aerial cable in there, what’s the best (cost effective) way to get HD terrestrial in there?

We currently have a SkyQ mini box which has been nothing but trouble!

Thanks

Man of Honour
You can, but you get what you pay for. The Manhattan T3 is regarded as a decent performing box and will likely be supported for a while, versus whatever is available in your local supermarket

I haven't tried the Manhattan boxes, but broadly this ^

I generally keep a couple of used Humax Freeview boxes kicking around as spares or to sell, and recently used one at a customer's place in his home cinema. He had an older Sagem recorder which was flaky. The image from it was going on to his 12ft screen. I swapped it out for a HDR-T2000 and the difference in PQ was immediately noticeable. Everything looked much clearer, cleaner, better saturated. SD from the Humax looked like HD from the Sagem. It took me by surprise just how bad the cheap Sagem must have been.

Soldato
A second-hand BT TV box might be worth a look, I haven't checked but I'd imagine there are plenty floating around cheap as BT were giving them away and they're built by Humax. If you can get the UHD one (think it's T4000) it's a bit quicker and more responsive.

NOP

NOP

Associate
Out of interest, have you tried complaining to Sky about the mini? In what way is it giving you grief?

Back
Top Bottom