Sims 4 Gaming PC (£1k budget)

Associate
Good morning all,

The Mrs is after a PC as we keep streaming Sims 4 from my PC but I think it's about time she had her own now :)

So, Budget is 1k but can top that up if need be. I know it's probably a lot for just Sims but I'm looking to make sure it's got enough horse power to last some years to come.

I have seen the bundle which comes tomorrow of the 6700k with mobo ram etc, but I'm also thinking that is overkill for Sims 4? If we did get that bundle that leaves us with ~£450 but like I said we can top up if required and if it's worth it.

Ideally I'd like the system to have an i7 but could be twisted to an i5?
It must have an nvidia card.
AIO cooler?

Requirements:
CPU(i5,i7),GPU(nvidia),PSU(superflower),RAM(16GB),MB

NVMe PCI-e SSD for OS (128GB or 256GB)
Samsung 512GB (she has a few other games - so plenty of space)
Windows 10 required

Some case which isn't colourful but will hide discreetly?? in the living room some where.

Keyboard, Mouse & Monitor not required.

Thanks

Associate
I mean.... you can do it but do you really need an i7 and an NVME drive for Sims 4? That game FLIES even on low end hardware. It's just not demanding.

On the other hand if the MRS will be getting into more intense games later, and you want the power on hand to make that possible, buying midrange>highend parts makes sense.

Here is a decent machine:

i7 7700K
ASUS Z270A
2X8GB DDR4 3000 (pick what's cheap)
256GB Samsung 960 M.2 drive
500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Win 10 64 bit home
(Superflower Golden Green HX power supply or Seasonic SSR-G or EVGA G2/GQ or Corsair RM-X power supply in 500-650W range)
If your monitor is 1080P: GTX 1060 6GB
if your monitor is 1440P: GTX 1070 or 1080 8GB
If your monitor is 4K: GTX Titan XP 12GB
Case wise you're going to want something quiet I would think?
Maybe an Antec P series case?

Soldato
The difference between i5 and i7 for the requirements you've specified are just not worth it, just be a bit reasonable.

If you wanted to be really future proofed and overpowered (and I'm guessing she won't be OCing at any point) then an i5-7500 is where I would look (£200)

Mobo I'd be looking at something like this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...151-ddr4-micro-atx-motherboard-mb-69c-as.html (£70)

And if it really has to be an nvidia card then I guess a gtx1060 (£180 for the cheapest)

So that's £450 minimum for those 3 components.

Or

If the wife really does only want to play the sims and you want to save a bit of money
CPU Pentium G4560 (£65)
Mobo Asus Prime B250M-K (£70)
GPU Asus Radeon R7 370 DirectCU II Strix OC 4096MB (£150)

for the sum of £285

Associate

Associate
^75 quid on a case for a sub 1000 pound build? That isn't very prudent spending IMO. I would go with at most a 40 pound case. There are many decent cases at that price.

Also starting to think the dual SSDs are a bit of a waste of money. Would be cheaper to just get a larger capacity 850 EVO. You'll get more GB and you won't really notice the difference for a gaming system 90% of the time.

Sims 4 runs much smoother than 3 for what it's worth. Not much help though sorry.

What hardware do you find this to be the case on? They both ran about the same for me but I keep setting my family on fire by accident so I gave up.
I gave them a really nice barbecue for the patio and they were really enjoying it. The second day they used it the thing caught fire, and all four family members caught fire and died as they tried to put it out. That was the end of Sims for me. I worked so hard on that family.

Back
Top Bottom