Since Latest Radeon Driver Update, my gpu is going as high as 82c ?

Associate
i have the RX 580, and until the latest update i did a few days ago everything was fine. but now im hitting 82c and fans going crazy to cool it down despite me giving everything a full clean.

is there any evidence to say this was because of the latest drivers or maybe it could be the game i play which is ARK, survival evolved

but its very worrying seeing it go so high, so any info would be great please

Associate
OP
ok thanks for that, i hadnt updated for a while since now so i would be going back to AMD_Radeon_Installer_20.4.2 from the latest which is AMD_Radeon_Installer_20.9.1.

can i just reinstall the previous or is there anything i need to do beforehand ?

Soldato
The latest should be 20.11.2. The installer includes an option to clean up and remove old driver versions, worked without a hitch for me yesterday.

Associate
OP
lorvoFp

https://imgur.com/a/1SDVvEv

are these settings ok you think...

Associate
Open up gpu tuning and see if you can lower the gpu voltage down a bit. If you have the overlay open you can see how much % load your card is using. You can try and set the fan curve more aggressive too, ramp it to 50% at 60C and have it go up 10% every 10C max it at 80C or cap it at 80% max fan speed.
I had a 5700xt I found lowering the voltage on it helped drop the temps for it quite well.
If you Google undercllock or undervolt gpu you should find a bunch of helpful videos

Back
Top Bottom