Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2018, Singapore - Race 15/21

Rate the 2018 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man of Honour
ln8SIEJ.png

Singapore

When was the track built?

The Marina Bay Circuit arrived on the scene in 2008. A street track with the city's famous skyline as its spectacular backdrop, the initial circuit plan by Herman Tilke was refined by KBR Inc, while the event has quickly established itself as one of the standouts on the F1 calendar.

When was its first Grand Prix?

In 2008, Singapore had the honour of hosting the first night-time race in F1 history. The Grand Prix – the 15th round of that season – proved a huge hit with the teams and drivers, while Renault’s Fernando Alonso claimed a controversial victory.

What’s the circuit like?

The 5.063km Marina Bay Circuit is one of the most physically demanding on the calendar, its bumpy street surface coupled with humid conditions giving the drivers plenty to think about. With 23 corners, they are working the wheel a lot, too, around the high-speed lap – the physical stress causing them to lose as much as 3kg over the course of a race. The circuit also boasts some of the most unique features of any track on the F1 calendar, including Turn 18, which actually sees the drivers pass underneath a grandstand.

TV Times

Sky:

GeJmSSs.png

C4:

TNxqD3X.png

Track Diagram & Information

stGNySR.png

Weather Forecast

HBh78Pu.png

2017 Race Edit

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2017/9/Race_Highlights_-_Singapore_2017.html

Singapore Preview Quotes

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ers-on-marina-bay.3bxqkDJiM0Ccw4mq8CYsQ6.html

WDC Standings

YMy9mNx.png

Constructors' Championship Standings

fVQ72Ee.png

Practice 1

VQ83QF0.png

Practice 2

7qOTVeY.png

Practice 3

JtbG7Rp.png

Qualifying

QFGWJZV.png

Race

Bra3NmK.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You don’t realise how long the track is until you try to drive it on a console/PC.... it must be killer on the drivers considering the concentration required.

I’d be happy with some close racing and no first lap crashes this time round.

Don’t like it when the top 4 end up at the back, as I’d much prefer a race but then again the chances of overtaking here are marginal so I predict the qualifying will determine the race.

Associate
The thing that annoys me most about this track is the 'false' corners; the corners made artificially tighter than they could be by kerbs on the exit.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I miss the singapore sling... it was more interesting than the non-event of a chicane they have now.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't want to be working for the @F1Help twitter account over the next few days. They're desperately trying to be positive about the app change, but it is universally negative tweets coming in.

Changed for ease of reading - or - We've added driver telemetry - seems to be the most common thing other than thanking for feedback.

Lucky that my tab is still running the old version. News feed has stopped working, but who cares about that. The live timing still works.

IMO, the best thing they could do now is pull the app, re-release the old version, maybe with a version number change to allow the update to happen easier. Then go back to the drawing board with the new app version. It's a complete failure.

Man of Honour
Should be a good weekend. If Vettel doesn't finish well the WDC is effectively over. If Hamilton scores poorly it is well and truly back on.

The Bulls could be a giant problem for the Mercs here.

Back
Top Bottom