Sinnis Trackstar 125cc

Caporegime
http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/motorcycle.php?motorcycle=Sinnis Trackstar 125cc

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/b...ckstar-125-2010-current/Sinnis/_/R-EPI-125728

Produced by Brighton-based Sinnis, but manufactured in China, the Trackstar is a cheap, trendy 125cc alternative to the CG 125 or the Virago. It’s very easy to control and manoeuvre, making it an attractive option for learners or novice bikers. It’s also got the looks and charm to interest scooter riders, commuters or city-dwellers who are won over by its unassuming, low-power appeal. Price is the biggest selling point, at £1,549 new it’s unparalleled, and if sales take off Sinnis may just redefine our perception of Chinese-made bikes.

Thoughts on a First Bike?

Last edited:
Associate
I know nothing about bikes but how can they build and sell these for £1500... thats seriously cheap no?

The cheaper Chinese bikes tend to use lower grades of materials to try and cut costs. It reduces the life of some of the components somewhat though and they can also rust more quickly.

Tea Drinker
Don
Pretty much all copied designs, cg 125 engine etc so should be sound engineering, however they have a bad reputation with material quality and will depreciate like a stone.

Don't expect refinement or longevity of life, treat them as throw away.

Soldato
I know nothing about bikes but how can they build and sell these for £1500... thats seriously cheap no?

Because it's a cheap piece of **** which is essentially a massive mess of counterfeit parts made out of low grade metal which will rust away and fall to bits.

That's how they can build and sell them for £1500. That's all they're worth, brand new.

Caporegime
OP
Because it's a cheap piece of **** which is essentially a massive mess of counterfeit parts made out of low grade metal which will rust away and fall to bits.

Is it though?

Anyway I have decided to get a Suzuki RV125 Van Van

Did my CBT today

Suzuki-VanVan125a.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Yes, it is!

Much more like it!

However... any particular reason why you decided against doing a DAS course and straight onto a bigger bike?

I just fancied getting a 125 for the summer and save on fuel and miles on my BMW E46. I ave been promising myself to do the CBT for years and never got around to it...I did it today and really enjoyed it.

Where I live I have no interest in going fast...Tbh I do that much motorway driving for personal reasons it will be nice to pootle along and enjoy the scenery on the way to work:cool:

Associate
I just fancied getting a 125 for the summer and save on fuel and miles on my BMW E46. I ave been promising myself to do the CBT for years and never got around to it...I did it today and really enjoyed it.

Where I live I have no interest in going fast...Tbh I do that much motorway driving for personal reasons it will be nice to pootle along and enjoy the scenery on the way to work:cool:

There's no rush to move on to a bigger bike. This way you'll be able to learn at your own speed and you don't have the pressure of a looming test. One bonus you'll have is that should you ever want to move up, you'll have the extra confidence from all the riding that you'll have done.

Back
Top Bottom