Sins of a Solar Empire

Soldato
I'm really getting into this game, but what the **** is up with these constant pirate raids? Every 12 minutes they send another fleet, I'm spending most of my time shipping my fleets from one frontline to another and repairing any damage done. Is there no way to moderate the attacks? Intensity, frequency, nothing? Hiking up the bounty - will they travel through my planets to get to another's territory, not stopping to raid on the way?

Soldato
you can turn them off in the options when you start, or just make sure you bribe them to attack the other factions isntead of you during game, yes they will travel through your land but wont attack anything

generally the intensity of there attacks gets higher as the game wears on

Soldato
OP
I'm still not seeing the option to disable pirate attacks. There's reserach rate & resource start, next page is team assigns but nothing else. Paying to avoid constant assault - not my favourite feature.

Ot but how awesome would Galactic civ 2 be with sin's gfx :D

Now there was a game. I couldn't tell you how many hours I wasted on GalCiv 2 - any chance of a third?

Soldato
shameless stolen link :p

20080229_1649.png

see where it says pirates active? click that

Caporegime
Now there was a game. I couldn't tell you how many hours I wasted on GalCiv 2 - any chance of a third?

tried the new (well like a year old now actually :o) expansion twilight or arnor?

Terror stars (death stars that blow up suns :D) and a unique tech tree for every race.:D

Associate
Just keep putting up a bounty on the other races. They are really useful then and easily dealt with when your stronger.

Soldato
OP
I would, but I suck at online strategy as a rule. FPS not so much, the odd DoW isn't so bad but the longer-term strategy games leave me crying. I'm too into building up my research & economy to worry much about defences and manpower, so I end up dying with frightening alacrity.

Soldato
wait till you try entrenchment then
I had a nice big empire and an enemy fleet with 3/4 capital ships maybe 25 frigs/cruisers attacked one end- i sent my main fleet to repel them and 15/16 caps with 100 support turend up the other side.
I lost 2 worlds and 4-5 caps before my main fleet got back, if i didnt know better id say they baited me.

Back
Top Bottom