Sitting about entertaining yourself is serious business.

Associate
Well I got pc building sorted.

I got graphics sorted.

Had a look at audio and my next challenge was born. Speakers arent an option for me right now, so headies it is.

As an inital point I can now categorically vouch for the fact speakers need to be bedded in. I had a set of ns1000s with a very mildly dodgy speaker that hit a resonanace at low bass but was otherwise good.

Got my new set saturday and it is as good as the last ones, (cba with rma, I was under dsr so just gonna go with a refund on the last ones). I compared both sets in various ways. I could clearly hear the newer set sounding tighter more 'fappy' and not as natural, on comparing now the difference is down to subjective levels, there isnt much in it now and whilst I have boxed up the old ones I m sure speakers do need to be bedded in.

Got a zonar dg, maybe some improvments here might help. Keeping the xonar dg to the lowest volume (25) possible with maxed amp is the way forward.

You NEED an e5 amp at least for the ns1000s and it needs to be set to bass mode, e5 on non bass mode doesnt do much but the bass mode brings it all to life.

As per the switch at the side of the phones for noise cancelling. I am really undecided.

Some cases it sounds better others it sounds artificial, am I stupid in wondering it there should be three settings, noise canx, amped and off?

Been testing all noise canx seems to do in a quiet room is add a hiss all the time, so you dont notice noises in that sound range because the noise is already there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom