skid pan day at goodwood

Associate
Unfortunately, no pictures here, but thought ide share my day doing a 'skid pan day' or advanced drivers course thingy with you.

well, for a start the day was too long (8.45 to 4.30?? get out..) but it wasn't bad, we did some theory, some 'shock factor' stuff, skid around at 15mph in a 26 yr old ford sierra,then went on an advanced drivers course in a niiiiice 1 series bmw. well actually it was a bit small and pokey and plastic, but hey, its nicer than my car. felt i learnt a fair bit, but im not sure how it would encourage 'us' to drive better? although now i know how to control a skid (in theory).

well worth the money.. just waiting for the ticket to drive a ferrari to come through the post! i love my grandparents :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
i think it was about £150 for the day, then £60 extra if you want the ferrari drive afterwards ( which is on a different day) its a good course, so long as your between 17 and 25 :) just dont exppect to learn the detailed ins and outs of things- the training is there, but being split between a group of 10 people makes it a bit impersonal, and the skid pan trainers are pretty much just skilled mechanics

Back
Top Bottom