Skirting Board! help me match what I have

Soldato
Hey Guys

So, I'm in need of a bit of skirting to finish off a new stud wall that's now dividing a large cupboard up. The whole house (including two of the existing walls of the cupboard) uses old bullnose style skirting. Wickes and other places online do sell this in MDF at the right size/height but the rounded edge is much more shallow on these than the original stuff I have. The original stuff is quite a tight rounded edge as you can see in the photo below of an off cut I have.

Does anyone know if there's a specific type of bullnose skirting I need to be looking for so I can get some that matches? It will get glossed so MDF or similar cheap wood will be fine. I also don't need that much of it, maybe 2.5M. Existing skirting is 70mm height and 18mm deep

Thanks in advance :)

50904684762_8762baf6b9_c.jpg

50904684787_f6b8511ace_c.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks, but that's not the right stuff. As I mentioned the rounded edge of the Wickes (and most online stores I've seen) stuff is much more shallow and doesn't match the profile of what I already have

Tea Drinker
Don
I very much doubt you'll get exactly the same, take your piece to a timber yard and see what they have. Or a joiners shop will run down a piece with the same profile.

Most stock skirtings are MDF now

Back
Top Bottom