Skoda Octavia Bushes

Associate
Evening,

Currently drive a Skoda Octavia VRS 2.0 Petrol 230 67 plate Estate. 10800 miles registered Dec 2017.
Purchased last June 2017 @ 5500 miles

Whilst Driving home from work yesterday I noticed a whistling sound when cornering left coming from the driver side. The rear tyre (driver side) appear lower than the passenger side rear. It sounds ok and Ive booked it into skoda. I did notice about 2 weeks ago, going slowly over a speed bump there was creaking.

Love the car normal driving rarely hammer it.

Any ideas Bushes perhaps?

Any ideas if this is covered under warranty?

Thanks for your help

Associate
OP
Provided your problem isn't due to a flat or defective tyre the manufacturer will have a hard time refusing repair at 10800 miles and 18 months old. Even if the brakes are the problem I would expect it to be covered at that age.

Thanks for the advice.

Update: Apparently everything seems normal to them, however they do want the car back for a couple of days to try and solve the creaking. Read on the skoda forums that basically the bushes dry out and heavily greasing them solves it, apparently its a problem across the VW VAG platform.

The VAG service centre have noticed that the damper cover isn't spinning on one side and that could be an issue, and also the streering gear might need replacing as a means of problem solving the creaking. I'm clueless as to mechanics like that but i guess there going through a diagnostics as what has worked at other Skoda / VAG garages.

Back
Top Bottom