Sky dish be fixed to my wall...

Soldato
There's a man outside my window fitting a Sky dish for down stairs... Is this not my landlords wall and thus they need to seek permission?

If its a rented accomodation the landlord will either have had to give written consent or be contacted by sky so he can verify that they have his permission to drill into the wall.
My landlady had to do the same when I had my sky fitted.
Unless theyve fibbed and said they own the property.

Associate
When I had Sky fitted at a rented property they didn't ask if I was renting or owning, I did however get the permission from my landlord prior to subscribing just in case.

Caporegime
If its a rented accomodation the landlord will either have had to give written consent or be contacted by sky so he can verify that they have his permission to drill into the wall.
My landlady had to do the same when I had my sky fitted.
Unless theyve fibbed and said they own the property.

No it is up to the person who requests the install to get permission from the landlord. How are Sky meant to know if it is rented, private or council?

As long as they have verbal consent from the person booking the order and someone at the property over the age of 18 to give consent on the day they will install it.

Soldato
No it is up to the person who requests the install to get permission from the landlord. How are Sky meant to know if it is rented, private or council?

As long as they have verbal consent from the person booking the order and someone at the property over the age of 18 to give consent on the day they will install it.

Sorry but I told sky when I rang to book an install that the property was rented, and when I had sky fitted here in my RENTED property I had to have my landlady present to ok things with the engineer when he turned up. This was 6 years ago so maybe theyve changed things since.

Caporegime
Sorry Knip I didn't mean to sound like I was bitting your head off, am ill and work was crap! :(

They normally don't ask though, well anymore, as it is up to the person booking to make sure it is legal to be put on the property.

Soldato
Sorry Knip I didn't mean to sound like I was bitting your head off, am ill and work was crap! :(

They normally don't ask though, well anymore, as it is up to the person booking to make sure it is legal to be put on the property.

No worries I didnt mean to be stroppy. If its any consolation im in bed with a chest and sinus infection. :)

Caporegime
OP
It was some bloke, not sky, it's grey and blocking my window, so I'll be having words with the communal landlord, who owns the walls and roof's for the next 99 years, because sure as hell they'll want it off ;)

UFX

UFX

Associate
It was some bloke, not sky, it's grey and blocking my window, so I'll be having words with the communal landlord, who owns the walls and roof's for the next 99 years, because sure as hell they'll want it off ;)

If you don't have Sky/freesat ask them to fit a dual/quad lnb & hook you up for the inconvenience

Soldato
Well I'll just confirm it has now changed if you had to prove your landlord had given consent.
These days they take the word of the occupier and it is their job to get permission.

If Sky install and you don't have permission and the landlord tells you to get the dish taken down the worst bit is you still have to pay Sky off for your 12 months contract - they don't just suddenly stop billing you.

It's a bit of a moot point because unless it's a listed building or there are covenants in place stopping dishes being installed, the majority of landlords really don't care.

Soldato
If you don't have Sky/freesat ask them to fit a dual/quad lnb & hook you up for the inconvenience

How does that possibly cover the inconvenience of having something big and grey blocking your window? If I were the OP I'd be very annoyed and do anything I could to have it taken down.

Back
Top Bottom